“Worst lunch of my life - in fact, worst dining experience of my life” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Griff's Landing

Improve this listing
Ranked #209 of 330 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Maryland
“Worst lunch of my life - in fact, worst dining experience of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This place is atrocious. We came here for lunch - just my mother and I. I should have known since there were very few patrons at 12:30. We opted to sit outside. We were given menus, the waitress read us off the specials and we were asked about our drink order. I asked if their mojitos were made from fresh lime juice or bottled. She shrugged her shoulders and stated "I don't know". I asked if she could find out. She checked and came back and stated "bottled". I ordered a diet coke, my mother ordered an iced tea. We waited. 15 minutes later, we were given our drinks. We then ordered our food - both were "specials", mine was a crab melt and my mother ordered a tuna melt. 5 minutes later, another waitress came out and gave us menus. We stated we already ordered. We waited another 45 minutes for our food. I asked the waitress what was taking so long and she stated that the kitchen was understaffed. I said "interesting" because there were certainly very few people still in the restaurant.

Our food finally arrived. It was terrible. My crab melt was on a cheap bun and had some sort of bright yellow something on top. The crab patty itself was all breadcrumbs - very little crab meat. The lettuce was iceberg and the tomato was disgusting. I tried 2 bites and thought I would be nauseous. My mother's tuna melt was cheap tuna salad covered in a white piece of something greasy. The waitress asked us how everything was and I said "honestly terrible". I pointed out how disgusting our meals were and she said that she would "take care of it".

I asked for the check, she brought it to me and it was for the full amount. I gave her my credit card and said "guess you couldn't take care of anything?". She apologized and took it back and gave me 1 of the meals for free. I then looked up this restaurant on TripAdvisor and saw it was one of the worst restaurants in Frederick. When she came back, I told her she should probably find another job because this place is disgusting and the owners clearly do not care about their patrons.

Do not waste your time, money or attitude on this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Frederick, MD
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food is pretty good. We went to it as a bar to dance as they have a good DJ. The bartenders are good with service and drinks. The bathrooms are disgusting and I'd almost rather hold it. My big problem with this place is I stepped out on the patio and then was not allowed back in because they were too crowded. I had friends, a tab and my purse in there. I had to throw a fit and I was escorted in to close everything out and leave. This is ridiculous.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, MD
“Great food, great drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I love the food here and I love the drinks. Bartender is super fun and nice. Looks a bit rundown but the food and drinks are so worth it. The servers are very nice and answer all questions and will make any substitution. Also, the prices aren't bad either.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick
“Perfectly Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had not been here in years. The establishment has gone down the tubes. Run, do not walk to another place on Market Street. This one has nothing to be desired!

From the black-edged leaves in my salad greens to the waitress who brought neither a fork nor a napkin to the table to the dirt on the unscrubbed floors, this one is a bummer. My salad had a dressing of sorts, with a hardened top garnered from sitting too long. You get the picture. Enough.

Service, such as it is, is more than slow. Maybe the kitchen had to go out for lunch! Heaven forbid if they have a rush on ~ maybe there were a dozen people there at lunch. Others had wisely gone elsewhere.

Value. None. For what we paid we could have gone to any restaurant on Market Street where you at least get food that is not ancient.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland, United States
“Wonderful Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Took a walk on Monday 05/14 - decided to eat and Griff's is one of few places with outside seating in downtown Frederick. Absolutely enjoyed it. Our waitress, Shannon, was polite, knowledgeable, and FUN :):). The food was marvelous. Because we were so late we could only order off the late menu BUT it was so worth it - the shrimp and crab dip was delicious. (and I am a 14 year waitress in the crab house business). Thanks Shannon for a nice time and great food. Soo will be back soon.

• Visited May 2012