“If the Amana thermostat works properly i would love to stay when I am in Fredericl” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Frederick

Extended Stay Savings
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I do stay frequently in Frederick Area. one of my choice is Hilton garden Inn. And every time i get disappointed due to the fact i can not switch off the thermosat in the night. before going to bed I generally switch off the thrmostat .. in any hotel switch off means stop. Not in Hilton garden inn's Amana thermostat. it kicks its own for 20 seconds makes a loud noise and stops. i am out of wits hw to stop this. I stayed in room 126, 112 etc. Only room i saw it worked properly 315.

Moreover wireless/wired internet is not good for business standard. Lot of times I have to work from Hotel. i find it difficult. once i spend more than 30 minutes with the help desk.. they asked me to test the speed with mytest.net... response came very bad. Finally left it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

Had a good stay at the hotel. Crib was in room as requested (though had to ask for linens for it). Breakfast bar had good selection and quality of food, though things were sparse usually when we showed up an hour before the scheduled close though chef's preparations made up for it. Agree that room thermometer control is not responsive and inaccurate, but didn't cause too much discomfort.

Staff quite conscientious though didn't come to clean room one day until about 4. Staff then seemed unhappy that at that point I asked them to come back at 530.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay as well as the breakfast that we provide daily. My apologies for the sparse cold items at breakfast. While our breakfast is set up buffet style, please know that our breakfast servers as well as our chefs are there to answer any questions and provide you with what you ask for.

I have looked through your folio and have had my Maintenance Department check on the thermostat in your room. Please know that you can call the front desk at anytime and we will do everything to make your stay the most enjoyable as well as solve any issues or complaints that you may experience.

Once again I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you and your family visiting again soon.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Stayed overnight for a wedding in late Dec 2010. Room upgrade was nice. Suite large, sectional similar to Embassy Suites, lounge, bedroom etc. Very comfortable mattress (Sleep Number or such). Oddly, we found our walls were paper thin. Fortunately we weren't located near our co-wedding-party guests (lol).
Front desk staff helpful. Breakfast staff very nice. Breakfast food was fine.
Very handy to have parking option at the back access door. Short-cut from room.
Where only open-air car-parking available, we like to park my car viewable from Hotel Room. Was easy to do here.
Huge strip mall opposite Hotel. Lots of dining options if starvin.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Our central location allows guests to experience a multitude of dining, shopping and entertainment options. Please remember that we also provide evening room service and pay-per-view movies so that you can enjoy yourself without leaving the comforts of your room.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. All of our King Jr.suites include a separate living room area with pull-out couch, T.V., and work station. All King beds in the hotel are our "Garden Sleep System" beds that include air baffles in the mattress that allow you to adjust each side to your personal comfort level.

I am glad that your were able to enjoy our breakfast that our chefs prepare "your way". The staff prides itself on being helpful and courteous so I will pass on your positive review.

Thank you again for taking the timeto comment on your experience with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

I was pleased with Hilton. I had made a reservation for the wrong night, discovered it at the last minute, and was able to switch the reservation without penalty. I arrived in Frederick after midnight, and even though the shift change caused a few moments of delay at check-in, the staff was accommodating and friendly.

My room was comfortable and clean. I liked the TV, and found it nice to have a microwave and fridge in room.

I have to say that breakfast was much better than expected. I came in just minutes before 10 (when it was supposed to close), but got a hot and delicious omelet from an extremely nice chef. The toast and potatoes were awesome as well. I did not feel pushed to leave and give great credit to the breakfast staff for allowing me to eat later.

This Hilton also has a business center. I was able to print out my maps for the day in a very short time.

This is a good place to stay. Friendly service, nice room, great food. Good deal.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a response on you stay. The staff takes great pride in providing you with the best in customer service along with the most amenities per room in the Frederick area. The microwave and refrigerator are standard in all rooms at no additional cost. Our "All you can eat" breakfast buffett is available 7 days a week including all Holidays. We also provide evening dinner and room service from our menu as well as cocktails from our bar.

I will be sure to pass your positive experience onto the staff.

Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

First off, the hotel itself is very clean, and has a safe feeling about it both inside and outside of the property. I am only on day 2 of my 4 day stay, but so far everything has been pretty good. Everything except for the two following issues which I noticed several other reviewers have already complained about over the last few years and are apparently still not fixed. I see that the the manager checks this site and occasionally makes comments to some of the posts here. Please take note of this post dear sir. Fix the wireless. Obviously you've known about this for a while. I see it posted here by other reviewers. No one wants to sit in front of a desk connected to the LAN line after having traveled all day . FIX THE WIRELESS! All you need is a few routers, these are not expensive.

Second issue, fix the reception on the televisions. I noticed that someone posted about bad sound on the HBO channel. Same here, very distorted. I also missed the second episode of "The Walking Dead" last night after a 7 hour drive to the hotel because, while having a picture, there is no sound on A&E. Try to relax to some "Southbound and Down" on HBO? Well, too bad, because the bleating sound from the speakers make it unwatchable. When I travel, I am going from one office to the other.

I eat, I work, I internet, I watch TV, and I sleep. When a hotel screws up 2 of the total of 5 things I do (i.e. the fun things), I tend to not appreciate that. Especially when the hotel is fully aware of the issues as evidenced in numerous previous posts on this site. I called the front desk to complain about the internet last night, and was asked if I'd tried the LAN? Well, no, because I do not want to sit in front of a desk like I do all day anyway. I didn't mention the TV, but seeing that both issues have already been brought up here on other posts kind of make me unhappy with HGI.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We take all reviews seriously and are always looking for ways to improve the services that we provide. I see that you enjoyed your stay but had some issues with our internet as well as our television reception. I know that as a previous business traveler I share your sentiments of good food, clean room, working internet / tv, and comfortable bed. We have taken the necessary steps to improve on both of your concerns.

The internet concern is a problem we encounter when we are close to capacity. We have tried to limit the amount of bandwidth each user can use but obviously the more users the worse the signal. We are contracting with a company to boost our signal strength in the hotel that will be in place shortly.

We have also contacted our cable provider in regards to the sound problems that you encountered. I can assure you that while this is not a problem in every room it is a problem that we will remedy.

We look forward to the opportunity to show you that we are listening on your next visit to Frederick.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010 via mobile

I have stayed here many times usually for a wedding weekend or just a romantic get away. The rooms are well appointed and spacious,especially the king room. THe lobby area is both beautiful and comfortable.The staff has always been very helpful and courteous.The only downside is that the view from the room is not much to look at. On the most recent visit the bathroom was showing signs of wear with a large chunk of porclein missing from the tub and some wall paper starting to peel.The room was still very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. In our effort to constantly improve our service and amenities we appreciate when our multiple stay guests let us know what they have seen fro their first stay through their most recent stay. I love talking with first time guests and them stating that tehy thought that we were a 1st year property. As a nearly 4 year old property we have now started to experience the wear and tear that all hotels experience. We are putting plans in place to make sure that we can provide every guest with the "1st yeaqr hotel" experience.

We look forward to your next visit with us so that you can see some of our improvements.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I have to say in regards to location this Hotel is in a nice quiet location, but also close to shopping and food. Speaking of food seriously Hilton 10 bucks for that tiny thing you call a breakfast buffet?!? It took the "chef" twenty minutes to find a spatula to make me an omelet on Monday morning. Even though I had a gift certificate for free breakfast everyday, I went elsewhere. If you like cold eggs, hard bacon, and OLD Bay seasoned potatoes then this is the breakfast for you!
The room was decent, same Hilton design. Television was decent, but the channels were duplicated not sure on that one. I was here for Business and it took me forever to load web sites, and VPN to work. It says HIGH Speed Internet. Its not HIGH speed its free Marginal Speed Internet, Marginal being 250Kbps slow, I decided to load my facebook page and after 2 minutes gave up. I thought it was my personal computer so went down to the business center. Same issue slow as grass growing.
The staff was always nice, and had cookies when you arrived at the end of the day.
Personally I usually go with Hampton Inn. Always more stuff to me, for less price. At least Hampton Inn will give me toothpaste without pointing to the "Pantry" to buy it, which BTW that Pantry was a joke. Looked like a bachelor fridge in there. Some beers, a few snacks. Not many choices.
Bottom Line don't go here if you are on business and need internet. There are cheaper better options in town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, November 7, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with the Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick. I want you to know that we take all reviews of our hotel serious and that I will be reviewing your comments with all of my Management and staff so that we can provide better service for all of our guests. I apologize for any and all inconveniences that you experienced while you were here. We offer a full breakfast buffett that includes many made to order items like, french toast, pancakes, and eggs any way you like. I look forward to the opportunity to show you that what you experienced is not the normal experience at the Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!