“Good hotel - but maintenance lacks attention to detials” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Extended Stay Savings
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Earth
“Good hotel - but maintenance lacks attention to detials”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was in room 124 a double queen room. I booked the double as it was lower price than the King – but placed in the notes a request for a King. My thought was as a Diamond, they may show some mercy and exchange the room. That didn’t happen.

While a first floor room, due to landscape, it’s about 10 feet above ground level.

(2) Desktop outlets built into the lamp fixture

(1) Bedside outlet built into the lamp fixture. Unfortunately my USB charger would not fit as the plug was very close to the lamp up-post.

Both wired and wireless internet. Wired internet worked very well.

Room was clean and in good working order with the following exceptions:
• The wired internet cable had a broken clip (not uncommon for most hotels)
• The paint / trim around the bathroom mirror was peeling around the its base
• Scuffed up wall between desk and TV
• Metal ring on shower arm not secured
• Carpet stains at desk
• Tears in the bed skirt

The first four are very minor issues but could have easily been resolved by maintenance if reported by Housekeeping.

The arm chair does not come with a side table. I prefer the side table as it’s nice to have a place to rest a drink while reading. Placing on the floor is not as convenient a reach.

Windows have pull down shades which work nicely. This is something I have not seen at other HGI properties.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
StarTraveler88,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for sharing some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for being a loyal Hilton Hhonors member! It is without question, without valued guests like yourself, the Hilton family of hotels would not be where we are today. As a loyal guest, we do try hard to honor each and every guest request received - unfortunately, due to occupancy levels, it is not always possible for us to honor each specific request as it was in changing the room type observed in this specific situation.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention as we continue to focus on improving the experience for all of our guests. I am pleased to report many of the items you have brought to our attention are currently being addressed property-wide and we hope you will be able to see that during a future stay with us.

On behalf of the entire team, thanks again for bringing these matters to our attention and for being a loyal Hilton Hhonors member! We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property at some point in the near future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I can provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Hilton Garden Inn Frederick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stay at this property a couple of time a year for business. It is the best stay in Frederick. Rooms are as expected for HGI, variety of food close by, good work out facility, good breakfast. Staff is friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
TheTravler6,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for your continued loyalty to our property and for sharing some feedback. We truly appreciate our guests and strive to provide a consistent yet personalized service experience for all of our guests. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! As always, if there is ever any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We got married in the Frederick area and we had our families and friends stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Everyone there was extremely nice and helpful! The worked with us to make sure everything worked out great. They made sure guests that had booked their rooms late or not even under our blocked out rooms received a welcome bag that we had made. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Frederick area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
T M,

On behalf of all of us here in Frederick, Congratulations! It is truly an honor for us to partner with guests when planning special events. We certainly strive to ensure our team does everything possible so our guests can focus on what is most important. I am grateful for the trust you placed in us to take care of your family for this memorable event.

On behalf of all of us here in Frederick, thanks for taking the time to share some feedback. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My flight arrived extremely early this last trip and the young man at the front desk was EXCEPTIONAL, his name is Tim. He is what customer service is really all about. The housekeeper went out of her way to get a room ready for me, and I was truly grateful. I ate some breakfast, which is always on point, and the staff displays good customer service as well. I then went to my room, which was on the second floor. YEAH!! I then pull back the covers and took a long nap. Those pillows are oh so comfortable, where can I purchase them from? I informed the other government staff of the wonderful experience I have had at the Hilton Garden Inn and now they ALL try to book a room there. So much so, it is always sold-out; booked solid. I am a happy camper, because I am one of those who got a room there. Some of them did not reserve their room in time enough, thus, they have to stay elsewhere. Nevertheless, the convenience and the hospitality are all on point. OWN and Adult Swim is missing from the television line up, but I make do with all the other amenities the hotel has to offer. Keep up the good work!!

Janie S.

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for sharing some feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am relieved to hear that Tim and our team were able to accommodate you with an early check-in. As a former "road warrior" myself, I know all too well how valued that nap can be after a long day of traveling. Janie, thanks for choosing to stay with us - we truly value our guests and appreciate the trust and faith you have placed in us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Frederick in the near future! As always, if there is ever any assistance I may provide to you, I am at your service!

Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a great spot to stay for Civil War battle site travelers. Frederick is only 35 miles from the mother of all Civil War sites - Gettysburg. Only 22 miles from Antietam (Sharpsburg, MD) and 20 miles from Harpers Ferry. Also well within reach are Manassas (Battle of Bull Run I and II) and Fredericksburg, VA. Those sites are about an hour and an hour and a half away respectively, from this location. Not to mention the fact that the hotel is only a couple of miles from the Monocacy battlefield and the spot where Union troops found Order 191, giving them Lee's battle plans which led to the collision at Antietam.

Frederick offers a great spot to "retreat" from the crowds at the battle sites. There are plenty of good spots to eat and enjoy a cold refreshment.

The hotel itself employs a very friendly and helpful staff, has a full kitchen and bar and is reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Ron F,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick as your lodging provider during your recent visit. It sounds as though you took advantage of some of the great attractions in our area. I am really glad your stay was enjoyable. When your travels bring you back to our area, I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our property. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place was fantastic --helpful and courteous personnel. The place was clean --people gave directions and went out of their way to accommodate. A+ rating. I would not hesitate at all to recommend this facility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
John Y,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property at some point in the future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

South Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Due to the 150th anniversary of the battle, hotels were booked. This choice is well located near the interstate, restaurants, organic food store and what have you. Easy 30 -45 minute ride to Gettysburg is that happens to be where you are bound, Frederick is a charming town too. Building, staff & convenience fit my expectation and schedule nicely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Chubbywalker,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for choosing our property during your recent visit to Gettysburg. I am glad to hear you also had the opportunity to visit downtown Frederick offering our guests and local residents both charm and sophistication. I certainly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the property at some point in the future. Again, on behalf of the entire team, thank you for your feedback. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Hilton Garden Inn Frederick

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!