This is a great spot to stay for Civil War battle site travelers. Frederick is only 35 miles from the mother of all Civil War sites - Gettysburg. Only 22 miles from Antietam (Sharpsburg, MD) and 20 miles from Harpers Ferry. Also well within reach are Manassas (Battle of Bull Run I and II) and Fredericksburg, VA. Those sites are about an hour and an hour and a half away respectively, from this location. Not to mention the fact that the hotel is only a couple of miles from the Monocacy battlefield and the spot where Union troops found Order 191, giving them Lee's battle plans which led to the collision at Antietam.
Frederick offers a great spot to "retreat" from the crowds at the battle sites. There are plenty of good spots to eat and enjoy a cold refreshment.
The hotel itself employs a very friendly and helpful staff, has a full kitchen and bar and is reasonably priced.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Frederick Hotel Frederick
- Hilton Garden Inn Frederick Hotel
- Hilton Frederick
- Frederick Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Frederick is located in the historic area of Frederick, MD. Surrounded by historical and cultural attractions along with the Maryland’s wine country, there is no shortage of places to visit while in town. During your downtime, enjoy free, high-speed internet access, heated indoor pool and fitness center. Order room service or visit the Great American Grill for a cooked-to-order meal. In a rush? Grab a microwavable meal and cool beverage from the onsite Pavilion Pantry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Frederick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.