“Great Place to stay for Civil War buffs” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N’ Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Davenport, Iowa
“Great Place to stay for Civil War buffs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a great spot to stay for Civil War battle site travelers. Frederick is only 35 miles from the mother of all Civil War sites - Gettysburg. Only 22 miles from Antietam (Sharpsburg, MD) and 20 miles from Harpers Ferry. Also well within reach are Manassas (Battle of Bull Run I and II) and Fredericksburg, VA. Those sites are about an hour and an hour and a half away respectively, from this location. Not to mention the fact that the hotel is only a couple of miles from the Monocacy battlefield and the spot where Union troops found Order 191, giving them Lee's battle plans which led to the collision at Antietam.

Frederick offers a great spot to "retreat" from the crowds at the battle sites. There are plenty of good spots to eat and enjoy a cold refreshment.

The hotel itself employs a very friendly and helpful staff, has a full kitchen and bar and is reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Ron F,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick as your lodging provider during your recent visit. It sounds as though you took advantage of some of the great attractions in our area. I am really glad your stay was enjoyable. When your travels bring you back to our area, I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our property. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place was fantastic --helpful and courteous personnel. The place was clean --people gave directions and went out of their way to accommodate. A+ rating. I would not hesitate at all to recommend this facility.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
John Y,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property at some point in the future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

South Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Due to the 150th anniversary of the battle, hotels were booked. This choice is well located near the interstate, restaurants, organic food store and what have you. Easy 30 -45 minute ride to Gettysburg is that happens to be where you are bound, Frederick is a charming town too. Building, staff & convenience fit my expectation and schedule nicely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chubbywalker,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for choosing our property during your recent visit to Gettysburg. I am glad to hear you also had the opportunity to visit downtown Frederick offering our guests and local residents both charm and sophistication. I certainly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the property at some point in the future. Again, on behalf of the entire team, thank you for your feedback. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We are Hilton Diamond members so we stay at a lot of Hilton brands a year. This is one of the best. It is spotless and the front desk was extremely courteous. My niece used to stay here when she came to the area on business so it has been here for quite a while and yet they have kept up the quality. I have sinus problems and have had no problem. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Annie72,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for providing some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. Additionally, on behalf of the entire Hilton Family, thank you for being a loyal Hilton Hhonors Diamond Member. Hilton's success can only be contributed to loyal guests like yourself. We appreciate you choosing to stay with our family of brands when traveling.

I am delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and our team provided you with a great service experience you have come to expect from Hilton. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property at some point in the near future. On behalf of all of us here at the hotel, thanks again for giving us the opportunity to serve. As always, if there is any additional assistance I can provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

It's rare when I have the need to stay in a local hotel, but I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel is very new and the rooms are a good size with nice furnishings. There is a small pool area, too. The breakfast buffet is amazing with fresh omelets, pancakes, and waffles made to order. Delicious!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
blbrodger,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept our congratulations on your wedding and most sincere thanks for allowing us to welcome you on such a special occasion. I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, while visiting family in the area. The hotel is easy to get to and we have a very enjoyable stay. The rooms are very comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly. We especially enjoyed the baked cookies in the afternoon.

A good choice and we will return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kathleen R,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing some feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you were able to sample the freshly-baked cookies. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property when your travels bring you back to our area. ! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

A nice stay on a vacation touring historical sites in Maryland and Virgina. Clean rooms, good breakfast and helpful staff. It was located near a nice shopping area as well. The workout area had good equipment and the pool appeared nice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
fairmax,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you had the opportunity to take in some of the great history surrounding our property. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!