“Excellent Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Stafford, United States
“Excellent Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Hilton for a wedding in the Frederick area. The hotel was better than expected. The hotel was clean (beautiful lobby area) and well kept. The rooms had everything we needed. We'll definitely stay at this Hilton Garden Inn if we are ever in the Frederick area again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIFrederick G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Charles E,

On behalf of the entire team, thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable and our team provided you with the level of service you have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property at some point in the future. Thanks again for sharing your experience with us. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

292 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

For our wedding on 5/26/2013, we booked a block of rooms at Hilton Garden Inn for our guests. Everyone enjoyed their stays at the Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms were clean, service was excellent, and the bar even stayed open until 1AM for our guests to continue the wedding celebration after the reception ended.

We had arranged for a bus company to transport our guests from the hotel to our wedding venue but one of the buses broke down prior to arriving at the hotel and was unable to transport our guests. I spoke to Tim Matt at the front desk and he was extremely sympathetic and willing to help us in our moment of crisis. On our behalf, he called a couple of other bus companies and cab companies and eventually arranged for a fleet of Yellow Cab of Frederick cabs to arrive at Hilton Garden Inn by 4:30PM in order to transport guests on time to our ceremony at 5:00PM. Tim went above and beyond the call of duty and we are so appreciative of his assistance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey H,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am relieved that Tim was able to assist in arranging last-minute transportation so your guests did not miss one moment of the celebration. I will be sure to share your comments with Tim and ensure he is recognized for delivering exceptional service to you and your guests. On behalf of the entire team, thanks again for choosing to stay with us. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Frederick at some point in the future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Brighton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Location is great. It is off of the main thoroughfares but easily accessible to local dining and businesses. The hotel was very clean and staff welcoming upon arrival. While I didn't have time to test the exercise facility, the equipment was modern and well maintained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Timothy O,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be convenient. Hopefully, when your travels bring you back to Frederick, you will have the opportunity to try out our fitness center! Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The first fifteen minutes of the stay says a lot about how your experience is going to go. So, plenty of free, well lit and close to entry parking, easy checkin, requested a rollaway at checkin, no lie, it was in the room before I even made it up to the room. For the rest of the stay, Can't beat the ten dollar combined buffet and made to order breakfast in the morning, free wifi was good, room was fresh looking and clean, had the all important good water pressure in the shower, and small bar downstairs was well staffed. Great stay, good team, close to a Starbucks and nice shopping and dining options nearby. Don't think I will ever be back to Frederick but if so, will be returning.

• Stayed May 2013
Sf201,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing some feedback regarding your most recent stay. At the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, it is always our goal to provide our guests with a great stay experience, and I couldn't agree more that the first few moments sets the tone for the entire stay. I am glad our team was responsive to your needs and you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of all of us here in Frederick, thanks again for choosing to stay with us. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights on a business trip. Nice, clean room. Comfortable bed. Conveniently located for the business traveler - close to mall, highway, etc. Laundry room was convenient. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
wey2bz,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing some feedback with us. At the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, it is always our goal to provide our guests with a great stay experience. I am glad that you had the opportunity to utilize some of our convenient amenities during your stay and we hope to see you again at some point in the near future. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Renton, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I made a reservation several days before our visit to Fredrick, Maryland at the Hilton Garden Inn, but was extremely disappointed in the rooms they had available. The first one I was placed in had a wonderful view of a roof and noisy air condition unit that served the whole hotel (not a room air conditioner). I asked for another room and was given an accessible room. The room had a terrible smell to it from the moment you walked in. I found it very difficult to stay overnight there, but it was marginally better than sleeping in my car.

On a positive note, the reception area staff were very warm and accomodating as much as they could be with the condition of the hotel they work at. We were offered a free breakfast to compensate for the moldy smelling room, which was not very good. I usually don't write bad hotel reviews, but I would rather not have anyone else experience what we went through.

I am pretty confident we will not stay at any other Hilton Hotels -- in any city. There are so many better choices to be had.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TravelinLady_77,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing your experience with us. After reading your review, I felt compelled to respond personally and apologize for what you experienced at our property. This is certainly not the stay experience we strive to provide our guests.

It is always our goal to provide our guests, clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service guests have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. It is evident to me that we did not live up to that obligation, and for that alone, I simply cannot apologize enough. It is my hope that you will give us an opportunity to earn back your trust and faith in our property and prove that your satisfaction is important.

I have enclosed my contact information and look forward to discussing this matter in detail and resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.

240-566-1505
chris.guerrero@hilton.com
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is very clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the location is within easy walking distance of many shops and restaurants. Not overly fancy but had everything I was looking for, including a better than expected restaurant. I will definitely stay here again when coming back to Frederick.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Tfestate,

On behalf of the entire team, I wanted to thank you for sharing some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am glad we lived up to our goal of providing our guests with a great stay experience while visiting Frederick. We look forward to welcoming you back to Frederick at some point in the near future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service.

Hilton Garden Inn Frederick

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!