“We will not stay at this Hilton again!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Extended Stay Savings
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Renton, Washington
“We will not stay at this Hilton again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I made a reservation several days before our visit to Fredrick, Maryland at the Hilton Garden Inn, but was extremely disappointed in the rooms they had available. The first one I was placed in had a wonderful view of a roof and noisy air condition unit that served the whole hotel (not a room air conditioner). I asked for another room and was given an accessible room. The room had a terrible smell to it from the moment you walked in. I found it very difficult to stay overnight there, but it was marginally better than sleeping in my car.

On a positive note, the reception area staff were very warm and accomodating as much as they could be with the condition of the hotel they work at. We were offered a free breakfast to compensate for the moldy smelling room, which was not very good. I usually don't write bad hotel reviews, but I would rather not have anyone else experience what we went through.

I am pretty confident we will not stay at any other Hilton Hotels -- in any city. There are so many better choices to be had.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIFrederick G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
TravelinLady_77,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing your experience with us. After reading your review, I felt compelled to respond personally and apologize for what you experienced at our property. This is certainly not the stay experience we strive to provide our guests.

It is always our goal to provide our guests, clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service guests have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. It is evident to me that we did not live up to that obligation, and for that alone, I simply cannot apologize enough. It is my hope that you will give us an opportunity to earn back your trust and faith in our property and prove that your satisfaction is important.

I have enclosed my contact information and look forward to discussing this matter in detail and resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.

240-566-1505
chris.guerrero@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is very clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the location is within easy walking distance of many shops and restaurants. Not overly fancy but had everything I was looking for, including a better than expected restaurant. I will definitely stay here again when coming back to Frederick.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Tfestate,

On behalf of the entire team, I wanted to thank you for sharing some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am glad we lived up to our goal of providing our guests with a great stay experience while visiting Frederick. We look forward to welcoming you back to Frederick at some point in the near future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service.

Dayon, VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I forgot to notice the breakfast was not complimentary, but since we were at a convention all day, it was nice to have had a big meal in the morning to tide us over until after convention hours in the evening. We snacked some, but probably wouldn't even have needed to do that. Breakfast with tips was slightly more than a Starbucks latte and a McDonalds breakfast, but as I said, it lasted for two means.

Kathryn R.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our freshly-prepared breakfast during your stay! It certainly sounds as though you had a busy day and a nice, hearty breakfast is a great starting point. On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn – Frederick. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Hilton Garden Inn – Frederick
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Good stay. Good location. Breakfast was good but confirm whether it is included in room package or not. Very clean. The hotel staff accommodated us for anything we needed while we were there including the business center where it was easy to go on line and print boarding pass.

Hook_10,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing some feedback regarding your stay at our property. At the Hilton Garden Inn – Frederick, it is always our goal to provide our guests with comfortable accommodations, warm and friendly service, and the amenities they have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. I am glad you had an opportunity to take advantage of our convenient business center, and that our team was able to provide you with a great service experience. When your travels bring you back to Frederick, we hope that you will consider staying with us again. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn at Frederick, MD while on a business trip. It was lovely, clean, quiet, and I highly recommend it to others traveling in the area. I did not use the spa or have any meals.

Room Tip: Request a room opposite Interstate 270.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear MarylandTess,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again soon.
Pace, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

As many others have stated the staff was very friendly. The fresh cookies at check-in were nice.

I somehow got "upgraded" to a suite at check in which was cool but not something I needed. I had stayed at the Courtyard in Fredrick the last time I was there and was happy with it but on the Hilton Garden Inn site for the room details it advertised these "Evolution" beds that you could adjust the firmness of the mattress and here lately I have gotten nothing but awful mattresses at the hotels I stayed at so that swayed me to the Hilton Garden Inn. Unfortunately there was no such thing in my room. The bed wasn't the roughest I've stayed on in the past few months but it was close. It made it very difficult to sleep. Also, if lights annoy you like they do me, the smoke detector light that flashes constantly will drive you crazy while trying to go to sleep. It's very bright for some reason and can be seen through your eye lids.

Overall the room was clean but was definitely starting to show its age. I did have stink bugs in my room but apparently that is an issue all over this area this time of year.

The hotel is conveniently located.

Overall, just an average in my book. If the Courtyard is available I will probably stay there for my future visits to Fredrick but I wouldn't totally write the Hilton off.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Bishoparc,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are glad you chose to stay with us but disappointed your stay did not live up to your or our expectations. We work very hard to ensure every guest is comfortable no matter what room they are in. As information, the adjustable beds are available in our king rooms. We are in the process of updating our guestrooms as well as common areas. I would encourage you to try us again the next time you are in Frederick. When you do, please let the staff know that you are interested in trying out Evolution Bed and we will make every effort to accommodate you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a clean, modern hotel with the latest business amenities. The lobby is designed with cozy seating and a few fireplaces. The room is sized amply with a flat-screen TV and an ergonomic chair and desk. They have a great workout room with the latest equipment, and the pool is clean and well kept. The beds are very comfortable, and the place is extremely quiet.

Dear Nynan,

Thank you for the great review of our Hilton Garden Inn! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the comforts and amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Frederick.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!