“Wonderful stay at Frederick Hilton Garden Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Extended Stay Savings
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Maryland
“Wonderful stay at Frederick Hilton Garden Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn at Frederick, MD while on a business trip. It was lovely, clean, quiet, and I highly recommend it to others traveling in the area. I did not use the spa or have any meals.

Room Tip: Request a room opposite Interstate 270.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear MarylandTess,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pace, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

As many others have stated the staff was very friendly. The fresh cookies at check-in were nice.

I somehow got "upgraded" to a suite at check in which was cool but not something I needed. I had stayed at the Courtyard in Fredrick the last time I was there and was happy with it but on the Hilton Garden Inn site for the room details it advertised these "Evolution" beds that you could adjust the firmness of the mattress and here lately I have gotten nothing but awful mattresses at the hotels I stayed at so that swayed me to the Hilton Garden Inn. Unfortunately there was no such thing in my room. The bed wasn't the roughest I've stayed on in the past few months but it was close. It made it very difficult to sleep. Also, if lights annoy you like they do me, the smoke detector light that flashes constantly will drive you crazy while trying to go to sleep. It's very bright for some reason and can be seen through your eye lids.

Overall the room was clean but was definitely starting to show its age. I did have stink bugs in my room but apparently that is an issue all over this area this time of year.

The hotel is conveniently located.

Overall, just an average in my book. If the Courtyard is available I will probably stay there for my future visits to Fredrick but I wouldn't totally write the Hilton off.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Bishoparc,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are glad you chose to stay with us but disappointed your stay did not live up to your or our expectations. We work very hard to ensure every guest is comfortable no matter what room they are in. As information, the adjustable beds are available in our king rooms. We are in the process of updating our guestrooms as well as common areas. I would encourage you to try us again the next time you are in Frederick. When you do, please let the staff know that you are interested in trying out Evolution Bed and we will make every effort to accommodate you.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a clean, modern hotel with the latest business amenities. The lobby is designed with cozy seating and a few fireplaces. The room is sized amply with a flat-screen TV and an ergonomic chair and desk. They have a great workout room with the latest equipment, and the pool is clean and well kept. The beds are very comfortable, and the place is extremely quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Nynan,

Thank you for the great review of our Hilton Garden Inn! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the comforts and amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Frederick.
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel was impeccably clean. Check in was a breeze. Our room was spacious and clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The swimming pool and jacuzzi was wonderful. Overall, our stay was amazing! Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Heather H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. “Amazing” is what we strive for and I am very happy to hear that we succeeded! I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Thank you again and we look forward to taking care of you next time you are in town.
Van Alstyne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been exclusive to this property over the last year after trying the other Hilton brands in the Frederick. Over the year the staff has always been excellent. What sets this property apart from the others is the bar/restaurant/lounge and front desk personnel. I usually arrive late nights and early mornings and Chris is always quick and ready with my keys and bag. Rion, Crystal, Susie, or Tim are always available at the desk and willing to do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable. The restaurant and Bar is always a pleasure to be around, especially after a long work day. Keli is always courteous and prompt behind the bar, and if she's not behind the bar then she is providing room service. With the new restaurant menu the food is always consistently good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gadsden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here all week. I was gone during the day on business and my wife stayed at the hotel. She loved it! She especially love the gym. Everrything was very cleand and the staff was very nice. The room service was excellent. We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Jerrett P,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed yourselves. The team at our Hilton Garden Inn works tirelessly to ensure every guest is comfortable and has a pleasant experience.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Frederick.
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed three nights on a business trip. Room was clean. Bed and pillows were outstanding. HDTV set, but appeared to be largely non-HDTV channels many with lots of static. Wifi was good until all network connectivity was lost on my last night there (both wifi and ethernet). Didn't affect me too much, but a little bit of a pain. I didn't really have any staff interaction nor did I eat at the hotel so I can't comment on those.

Based on this stay, I would recommend a Hilton Garden Inn to others and it would be my first choice when staying in Frederick (helps that it is on my company's preferred list).

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bruegger,

Thank you for the great review and recommendation. We are glad to hear you were comfortable during your stay with us. As for the technology glitches, we are in the process of upgrading our cable service to HD. We are expecting that to be completed very soon. We understand your frustration and our team is working with our internet provider to diagnose the outage you referred to.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!