“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Van Alstyne, Texas
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been exclusive to this property over the last year after trying the other Hilton brands in the Frederick. Over the year the staff has always been excellent. What sets this property apart from the others is the bar/restaurant/lounge and front desk personnel. I usually arrive late nights and early mornings and Chris is always quick and ready with my keys and bag. Rion, Crystal, Susie, or Tim are always available at the desk and willing to do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable. The restaurant and Bar is always a pleasure to be around, especially after a long work day. Keli is always courteous and prompt behind the bar, and if she's not behind the bar then she is providing room service. With the new restaurant menu the food is always consistently good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Gadsden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here all week. I was gone during the day on business and my wife stayed at the hotel. She loved it! She especially love the gym. Everrything was very cleand and the staff was very nice. The room service was excellent. We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Jerrett P,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that both you and your wife enjoyed yourselves. The team at our Hilton Garden Inn works tirelessly to ensure every guest is comfortable and has a pleasant experience.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Frederick.
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed three nights on a business trip. Room was clean. Bed and pillows were outstanding. HDTV set, but appeared to be largely non-HDTV channels many with lots of static. Wifi was good until all network connectivity was lost on my last night there (both wifi and ethernet). Didn't affect me too much, but a little bit of a pain. I didn't really have any staff interaction nor did I eat at the hotel so I can't comment on those.

Based on this stay, I would recommend a Hilton Garden Inn to others and it would be my first choice when staying in Frederick (helps that it is on my company's preferred list).

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bruegger,

Thank you for the great review and recommendation. We are glad to hear you were comfortable during your stay with us. As for the technology glitches, we are in the process of upgrading our cable service to HD. We are expecting that to be completed very soon. We understand your frustration and our team is working with our internet provider to diagnose the outage you referred to.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Easton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great people make a hotel stay. Their staff is friendly, polite, attentive to needs--everything one expects from a solid brand like Hilton.

Only drawback--the HVAC system is a bit loud. When it kicks in, it KICKS IN. Sometimes made sleeping a bit difficult.

Outside of this, a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Request a high floor and away from the elevators. Ask for view of back parking lot near stairwell.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Modworldtraveler,

I could not agree with you more. The entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn works diligently to ensure that each and every one of our guests have a great experience while staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property and our team.
Harmony, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel and I was pleasantly suprised at the quick and courteous greeting by two smartly dressed men. Upon checking in I discovered that my reservation was incorrect and it was all my fault. The hotel had me coming in the week prior and had charged me as a no show. In seeing my distress at the situation the front desk manager quickly set my mind at easy and offered to not only fill my need for a room that day, but to waive the no show fee. I have rarely been treated with such courtesy and respect. My deepest thanks and gratitiude are extended to managment.

Having defused what could have been a terrible evening for me, I was free to enjoy the appointments and offerings of this fine hotel. The room was furnished with the best in furniture and my sore back (from the long trip) was welcomed to a very comfortable and ergonomicallycorrect desk chair. Access to the free high speed internet was quick and easy. The restroom was clean and sanitary with the nicest stone counter tops. I headed out for a dinner engagement, but upon returning was greeted with warm cookies and hot chocate.

Not having slept on this bedding system before I had no idea what to expect, but having a bad back usually wake to pain and stiffness. Neither of those symptomes visited me the following morning after having spent the night on the Garden sleep system. In researching the bed I found that the mattress has air chambers that can be set to accomodate your sleep preference. I believe the bed was set to a smaller lighter person the night before as I sank straight away into the middle of the bed, but I slept well.

There is a control knob located on the side of the mattress and under the fitted sheet. You must set this control to your desired comfort level and then wait for 15-20 minutes before getting into bed. It will not adjust the air chambers with your body weight on it. I only wish the front desk would have taken the time to expalin this small but significant detail prior to my retiring for the evening. You and I know better for our next visit, which I hope is sooner than later.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Charles S.,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your review of our Hilton Garden Inn. We strive everyday to ensure our guests feel welcome and at home. I am happy to hear that we were able to take care of the reservation error and eased your mind regarding the "no show fee". We understand that mistakes happen and the last thing you need when you are away is stress about billing.

Regarding the sleep system, we are so pleased to hear that you loved it! Thank you for bringing up the point about the air pockets not filling while you are on the bed. We will make sure that going forward, guests are made aware of that so they can maximize the features of the sleep system.

Thank you again for such a great review and we look forward to having you back the next time you are in Frederick.
Nags Head, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel has everything you could want in a business trip or weekend getaway. It has great friendly staff, it is sparkling clean, it has on site restaurant and bar, and is close to everything in Frederick.

We loved it!

Room Tip: We had a King room which had a microwave and mini-fridge. It was great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Haroldg48,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. Our team strives to ensure each guest experiences a pleasant and comfortable stay. I am pleased to hear that you experienced that during your time in Frederick. We look forward to the opportunity to take care of you again the next time you are in town.

Thank you again.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel was quiet, clean, a good value with great customer service. The only flaw for me personally was the poorly equiped fitness center. The hotel is centrally located near restaurants and shopping. Nighly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Beefboat,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in Frederick.

Thank you again.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!