“Great staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Great staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great people make a hotel stay. Their staff is friendly, polite, attentive to needs--everything one expects from a solid brand like Hilton.

Only drawback--the HVAC system is a bit loud. When it kicks in, it KICKS IN. Sometimes made sleeping a bit difficult.

Outside of this, a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Request a high floor and away from the elevators. Ask for view of back parking lot near stairwell.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Modworldtraveler,

I could not agree with you more. The entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn works diligently to ensure that each and every one of our guests have a great experience while staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property and our team.

278 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Harmony, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel and I was pleasantly suprised at the quick and courteous greeting by two smartly dressed men. Upon checking in I discovered that my reservation was incorrect and it was all my fault. The hotel had me coming in the week prior and had charged me as a no show. In seeing my distress at the situation the front desk manager quickly set my mind at easy and offered to not only fill my need for a room that day, but to waive the no show fee. I have rarely been treated with such courtesy and respect. My deepest thanks and gratitiude are extended to managment.

Having defused what could have been a terrible evening for me, I was free to enjoy the appointments and offerings of this fine hotel. The room was furnished with the best in furniture and my sore back (from the long trip) was welcomed to a very comfortable and ergonomicallycorrect desk chair. Access to the free high speed internet was quick and easy. The restroom was clean and sanitary with the nicest stone counter tops. I headed out for a dinner engagement, but upon returning was greeted with warm cookies and hot chocate.

Not having slept on this bedding system before I had no idea what to expect, but having a bad back usually wake to pain and stiffness. Neither of those symptomes visited me the following morning after having spent the night on the Garden sleep system. In researching the bed I found that the mattress has air chambers that can be set to accomodate your sleep preference. I believe the bed was set to a smaller lighter person the night before as I sank straight away into the middle of the bed, but I slept well.

There is a control knob located on the side of the mattress and under the fitted sheet. You must set this control to your desired comfort level and then wait for 15-20 minutes before getting into bed. It will not adjust the air chambers with your body weight on it. I only wish the front desk would have taken the time to expalin this small but significant detail prior to my retiring for the evening. You and I know better for our next visit, which I hope is sooner than later.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Charles S.,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your review of our Hilton Garden Inn. We strive everyday to ensure our guests feel welcome and at home. I am happy to hear that we were able to take care of the reservation error and eased your mind regarding the "no show fee". We understand that mistakes happen and the last thing you need when you are away is stress about billing.

Regarding the sleep system, we are so pleased to hear that you loved it! Thank you for bringing up the point about the air pockets not filling while you are on the bed. We will make sure that going forward, guests are made aware of that so they can maximize the features of the sleep system.

Thank you again for such a great review and we look forward to having you back the next time you are in Frederick.
Nags Head, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel has everything you could want in a business trip or weekend getaway. It has great friendly staff, it is sparkling clean, it has on site restaurant and bar, and is close to everything in Frederick.

We loved it!

Room Tip: We had a King room which had a microwave and mini-fridge. It was great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Haroldg48,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. Our team strives to ensure each guest experiences a pleasant and comfortable stay. I am pleased to hear that you experienced that during your time in Frederick. We look forward to the opportunity to take care of you again the next time you are in town.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel was quiet, clean, a good value with great customer service. The only flaw for me personally was the poorly equiped fitness center. The hotel is centrally located near restaurants and shopping. Nighly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Beefboat,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to welcoming you again the next time you are in Frederick.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very convenient location, and very competitively priced for a quick trip to the Maryland western shore of the Chesapeake. Rooms were clean and quiet. We got an early start, and as such, didn't have the breakfast, but the cooked-to-order omelettes looked quite good. There's a nice mall across the street with a coffee and tea place, and an International House of Pancakes on the corner. Although we weren't traveling on business, there looked to be many offices nearby, making the location even more attractive, I'd expect. If I'm back in the area, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rick F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of our hotel. You really gave readers a good description of the property and the surrounding area.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town and hopefully you will be able to enjoy not only the breakfast, but some of the other amenities we have to offer.

McHenry, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Everyone there was exceptionally personable. Especially Rion at the front desk. For a small restaurant, the dinner was great. I had the salmon and it was delicious. The chef even came out to check on me! (Now that,s service!) I felt very comfortable. That is important to me when traveling alone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Nigel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Patricia M,
Thank you so much for your great review. Our staff goes out of the way to make every guest feel at home when they are traveling. It is part of the culture here and we appreciate you noticing. We are proud of the new menu and glad you enjoyed yourself. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Cork - Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed for just one night and it was my first time at a Hilton Garden Inn. I was pleasantly surprised. Very clean, modern, comfortable and very friendly and helpful staff. Bed was incredibly comfortable.

Food in restaurant was a little expensive for the selection available what it was but good quality and tasty. Chef even came out to ensure all was OK. Restaurant/Bar staff very friendly.

I didn't use the pool but it looked great and very clean. Microwave, fridge, and tea/coffee facilities in the room. Internet access very, very fast and easy to use! A major plus!!

I liked the back-support chair in the room and lighting in the room was good. Quiet location and good security.

A good stay at a good hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear i-love-ayia-napa,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post such a great review. We are happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. All of our staff here goes out of their way to make guests feel welcome and comfortable, so thank you for taking notice. We have recently rolled out a new menu in the restaurant and the Chef is very proud of his food.

We hope to see you again if ever you are staying in Frederick. Maybe next time you can take advantage of our wonderful pool as well as the fitness center.

Thank you again for the great review.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!