“October Wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Frederick, Maryland
“October Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I used this facility for all our friends and family for my daughter's wedding.
The planning before the event was great and the service during and after were the best. All guests were very satisfied and will always use this hotel when visiting. Every single employee went above and beyond to meet our needs. A BIG THANK YOU TO THE BARTENDER who served us on 10-5-2012 after the reception. He stayed over and allowed us to continue our celebration and was extemely service oriented.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Another Hilton mid-range hotel that meets expectations. Big, modern lobby. VERY big room with a nice feel of business-class luxury. Clean,very nice sheets, very firm bed (this is a compliment). Very new, modern, and decent size workout facility (get your complimentary earbuds at the desk). Internet free.
Only negative is that at Garden Inns, unlike Hampton Inns, breakfast is not free, and the $10 charge seems high for what it is.
Front desk is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I travel to Frederick once a week for business and this hotel is my only choice!
As soon as you walk into the beautiful lobby you will be welcomed from the front desk person and whom ever is around, even the maintenance people!
This place is very clean. The beds and pillows are amazing. Bath products are good. The gym area is small but offers top of the line brand new equipment.
I travel by myself and feel very safe here.
Overall a great place for your money. I'd pay more if I had to.

• Stayed January 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Well, I guess that this hotel is capitalizing a lot on its name: Hilton Garden Inn, and the type of customer it's attracting (mainly business people). If you ignore the name or change it into something else, you would certainly fall in the lower categories regarding value for money.

To be honest, I was on a business trip, and all hotels in the area are quite aligned from a pricing point of view. But if it was my decision or myself paying for the hotel room, I would not stay in there. A motel near by will do for the fraction of the price.

Please don't misunderstand my comments. I didn't say that this hotel is terrible. The service is good, the rooms are spacious and comfy, and the hotel ticks all the points if you had a quality check form. But, man, you are certainly overpaying the basic services that this hotel is offering.

Hope this help,

Dr. MAK.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Well kept, nice property. Good staff. Nice touches from fresh cookies and bottled water at check-in to the hot cooked breakfast. Decent work out facility for a hotel in this class. Plenty of parking. No complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bordentown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Overall I was pleased with this hotel. This is not the first time that I have stayed here. As a Government employee I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel from Jan-Apr 2012. It was because of this experience that I decided to return. The hotel staff is very kind and aims to give quality service. The dining manager, John, is exceptional! He always has a positive attitude and cooks food to order exactly how you like it, no matter how odd the requests (I have special diet requests, and he goes to great pains to ensure my food is cooked precisely). He even remembers how I like my orders from day to day! Kellie at the bar is a super sweetheart, and Jesse (although he is no longer there) was excellent at the front desk, always cheerful, professional, and knowledgeable.

Newcomer to the Hilton team, Rion, always has a pleasant attitude. Even if he doesn't have the answer, he will try to find it for you. Rion was always ready to help guests at any time, and always greeted guests with a smile. J.R., a server and another new member to the team, has a quiet charm that shines through. He is quick with getting your order to your table and asking you about your day and your stay.

I was actually staying at the Hilton during SuperStorm Sandy when we lost power for 24 hours. While it was a troubling time, the staff was incredibly supportive. In fact, most of the staff stayed overnight. I remember going to bed at 11pm and seeing the same staff at 6am when I got up. They still had cheerful attitudes, even though they were going through the same experience as their guests. Only it was more difficult for them, because they had to take care of us. They were quick to deploy battery operated lanterns and lights throughout the hallways and did their best to make guests feel comfortable during an unfortunate time. John was on the spot putting out cold food and hot coffee for guests. I saw that he was able to warm up a baby bottle for one guest, even though we did not have electricity. Don't ask me how lol!

One piece of advice, which does not deter from the hotel: invest in generators. If the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick is a storm shelter, they should not have lost power during the storm. Backup generators should be in place.

Overall, I was pleased with the hotel, and would stay there again if visiting friends in the DC or VA area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel staff upon my arrival were amazingly genuine and friendly. Stellar service. I did expect a little more for a $200 a night hotel. I was given a handicap accessible room, even though I am not, the room was very large however, the wheelchair accessible shower was a true disappointment. I'd have rather had a norman tub/shower combination. The fixtures in the bathroom seemed loose and in need of repair. (loose and badly functioning shower head)
The room was so large that the television was nearly 20 feet across the room making late night TV a joke. TV remote could have had a sleep timer. I wrongly assumed that breakfast would be included. If this trip were more than just one night, I would have requested a non-handicapable room.
Bed was extremely hard and the sheet/blanket combo were for lack of a better explanation, loud. I woke up so many times through the night hearing the rustling of the bedding.
It was a nice hotel, just less than I would have expected for the expense.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear SardiniaMichelle,
We appreciate your feedback and want to let you know we are making numerous upgrades at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again a the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick and encourage you to voice your preference against a handicap room when you make your next reservation.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!