“Nice place -- provides what it represents it will provide” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Extended Stay Savings
Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Bloomington, Illinois
“Nice place -- provides what it represents it will provide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Well kept, nice property. Good staff. Nice touches from fresh cookies and bottled water at check-in to the hot cooked breakfast. Decent work out facility for a hotel in this class. Plenty of parking. No complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bordentown, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Overall I was pleased with this hotel. This is not the first time that I have stayed here. As a Government employee I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel from Jan-Apr 2012. It was because of this experience that I decided to return. The hotel staff is very kind and aims to give quality service. The dining manager, John, is exceptional! He always has a positive attitude and cooks food to order exactly how you like it, no matter how odd the requests (I have special diet requests, and he goes to great pains to ensure my food is cooked precisely). He even remembers how I like my orders from day to day! Kellie at the bar is a super sweetheart, and Jesse (although he is no longer there) was excellent at the front desk, always cheerful, professional, and knowledgeable.

Newcomer to the Hilton team, Rion, always has a pleasant attitude. Even if he doesn't have the answer, he will try to find it for you. Rion was always ready to help guests at any time, and always greeted guests with a smile. J.R., a server and another new member to the team, has a quiet charm that shines through. He is quick with getting your order to your table and asking you about your day and your stay.

I was actually staying at the Hilton during SuperStorm Sandy when we lost power for 24 hours. While it was a troubling time, the staff was incredibly supportive. In fact, most of the staff stayed overnight. I remember going to bed at 11pm and seeing the same staff at 6am when I got up. They still had cheerful attitudes, even though they were going through the same experience as their guests. Only it was more difficult for them, because they had to take care of us. They were quick to deploy battery operated lanterns and lights throughout the hallways and did their best to make guests feel comfortable during an unfortunate time. John was on the spot putting out cold food and hot coffee for guests. I saw that he was able to warm up a baby bottle for one guest, even though we did not have electricity. Don't ask me how lol!

One piece of advice, which does not deter from the hotel: invest in generators. If the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick is a storm shelter, they should not have lost power during the storm. Backup generators should be in place.

Overall, I was pleased with the hotel, and would stay there again if visiting friends in the DC or VA area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel staff upon my arrival were amazingly genuine and friendly. Stellar service. I did expect a little more for a $200 a night hotel. I was given a handicap accessible room, even though I am not, the room was very large however, the wheelchair accessible shower was a true disappointment. I'd have rather had a norman tub/shower combination. The fixtures in the bathroom seemed loose and in need of repair. (loose and badly functioning shower head)
The room was so large that the television was nearly 20 feet across the room making late night TV a joke. TV remote could have had a sleep timer. I wrongly assumed that breakfast would be included. If this trip were more than just one night, I would have requested a non-handicapable room.
Bed was extremely hard and the sheet/blanket combo were for lack of a better explanation, loud. I woke up so many times through the night hearing the rustling of the bedding.
It was a nice hotel, just less than I would have expected for the expense.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear SardiniaMichelle,
We appreciate your feedback and want to let you know we are making numerous upgrades at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again a the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick and encourage you to voice your preference against a handicap room when you make your next reservation.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our company brought fifty people for the weekend to this hotel. "Susie and Christine" were of immeasurable help to us. The breakfasts were excellent, the staff were ALL polite and helpful. This was our second annual conference at this hotel and it went quite smoothly. Kudos to Hilton Garden Inn for a seamless experience!

Tom Perkins

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Mr. Perkins,

We are happy to hear that you had an excellent experience while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick and we hope to see you back again soon!
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our stay at the HGI in Frederick was great! The staff was super friendly, the lobby and open restaurant were very nice and the room excellent. They upgraded me to a king suite on the lower level, which I was apprehensive about at first, but it was great and just down the hall from the pool and health club. The Hilton bed and bedding is top notch and having a fridge and microwave made the stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask about their larger rooms/suites on the lower level
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Hotel Guy MD,
We are glad to hear you had an excellent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick and hope to see you back soon.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick for over a month. The staff always treated me like a valued customer. Everyone says hello and you can tell they have a management philosophy that is focused on the customer because the employees always try to accommodate any of my requests. The rooms are clean and bright. Living here for five weeks with a month's worth of clothes was easy. There is actually quite a bit of storage space in the room. Housekeeping was consistent and I never once worried that their staff would go through my things. I had the sense the employees all worked together for a long time. I met some of the regular customers in the dining/bar area and some of them have been staying here on a regular basis since this hotel opened several years ago. That says a lot to me. The food and bar are fresh and good quality. I ate here for breakfast and dinner many times and never once had a problem with the food. The cookies were always a nice touch. I was here for Hurricane Sandy and was truly impressed with the management. They couldn't do much about the power outage, but everyone was so friendly and helpful. I felt they truly cared about everyone that was here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear 992cem992,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were so well accommodated for this wedding we attended. We were allowed to check in quite early, 11:45, which gave us plenty of time to scope out the beautiful town, have lunch and return later for dinner with our later arriving friends. The room was not huge, but large enough to suit our needs, and nicely laid out with comfy chairs, desk, king bed, large closet, flat screen TV, etc. The bathroom was comfortable enough and brightly lighted. Best of all, the hair dryer did not give up while drying my thick, long hair! Easy driving into town or out of town onto the highways.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear saba888,
It’s great to hear you had a nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick and hope to see you again.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!