“Hotel wedding weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Laytonsville, Maryland
“Hotel wedding weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We book a block of rooms for my daughter's wedding weekend.
Christine and Chenee were awesome in all the planning and assisting me with any questions I had. I was worried the hotel would be "crazy" our wedding weekend due to other weddings and a large convention in town. To my surprise everything was perfect and I rec'd many compliments from guests about the service and accommodations at the hotel. Overall we were very pleased with the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick! Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sydney L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear MPart,
We are glad you and your wedding guests had a nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick. Congratulations to the Bride & Groom!

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Highland Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

As a Diamond member, booked a Junior Suite with separate bedroom and living room with a pullout sofa bed for my wife and son for a wedding. Upon arriving, we were told to head up to a room on the fifth floor. Entered room, and it was just a single with a King Bed, and no pullout sofa. Called the front desk and had to convince the employee that I was indeed in a single. The desk manager insisted it was a suite, and this argument lasted for awhile. Then the manager said that Junior Suite room we booked had a hole in a plaster wall and had to be taken out of service, but we could have the room for a "discount". I said that was okay, and we moved to a better room. The overriding question is why did the desk manager send us to a room that was not a junior suite and not notify that we were not being checked into the junior room suite as we wanted.

There was no recognition of my Diamond Hilton status and there was no further discount applied on our room after the wedding group discount which was procured beforehand. The sheets on the pullout sofa were dirty and it took three calls to get the staff to send up clean sheets and an extra towel. The room was not of expected quality, and there were several stink bugs in the room that we had to remove.

We were dissappointed with the general condition of the room, and of course, the confusion and poor service levels, although the breakfast quality was excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bruce M,
We are truly sorry about the confusion regarding your room. Every guest is extremely important to us, but there is no excuse for not recognizing your loyalty and Diamond level status. We are focused on an exceptional customer experience and have made staffing changes specifically to address concerns consistent with the ones you raised. We can only ask that you give us another chance; we are confident you will see dramatic improvement in the quality of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the overall experience at the hotel.

Thanks for your feedback.
Dunstable, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick for a Conference for 4 nights. The hotel experience was great, the staff is so helpful and nice, the food is delicious, overall this hotel/staff is top notch. They genuinely care about the people staying at the hotel and making their stay a fabulous one. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lynaye Marie,
We are so happy to hear you had a nice stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick and we hope to see you back in the future!
Little Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This facility is my favorite in Frederick!! I travel here about once a month and this property not only provides top notch customer service, but has great meeting rooms for corporate events. The breakfast buffet includes a great variety of items including, but not limited to, a "made to order" station, where the chef cooks anything you would like! Pancakes! Omelettes! Anything! They also have a "create your own" waffle station.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sydney L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Nikki D,
We are so glad that all of your experiences have been great at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon at the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick!
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at Frederick in August in order to attend a wedding of a family member. We loved it. The staff placed all of us on one floor. There is plenty of seating space in the lobby for small family gatherings. The hotel is close to shopping. It was very convenient, comfortable, and the accommodations were excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear WhereToMadam,
We are happy to hear you and your family had a nice stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Frederick.
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I just want to say how pleased I was with my recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick. Customer service for EVERY staff member I encountered was superior!!! I would recommend this hotel without the slightest hesitation. Truly a team that goes above and beyond! Thanks to each and every one of you - from the front desk and restaurant to the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sydney L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear F S,
We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience and would recommend our hotel. Thank you so much for your encouraging review and we hope to see you soon at the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great hotel and service that surpassed my expectations! At check in I was given two keys that did not work. Upon return to the desk they were overly apologetic and offered to give me extra HH points for my inconvenience, offered to walk me to my room to make sure it worked and then sent me a bag of goodies! I have had more major inconveniences at more luxurious hotels and not even close to this level of service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear NVCharters,
Thanks for the positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon at the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!