“Still a good value but STILL lousy wi-fi” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Extended Stay Savings
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Hilton Head Island, SC
“Still a good value but STILL lousy wi-fi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The hotel is still a good value for travelers. No issues in my most recent stay (January 2012), but the wi-fi connectivity is still horrendous. As I do in a lot of other places, I plugged-in to the wired LAN with my little wireless travel router. Even that was lousy.

So, in addition to poor wi-fi reception in the guest rooms, the wired LAN is pretty buggy, as well.

No offense to the nice people working there, but management really needs to look into this. All the people with whom we dealt were very nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rainsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stay at this hotel four days a week, and it has become like home to me. The staff is unbelievably friendly. You are welcomed with smiles and courtesy every turn you make here. I've yet to have any discrepancies with a single thing. This hotel speaks for itself after spending just one night there. From the outside landscape to the bathrooms, everything is kept in order and spotless. The sheets, believe it or not, are crisp and clean each time. It's a pleasure being able to walk into a room and not worry about a thing! The one and only complaint has to be the internet though. If I have to sacrifice the internet speeds for the cleanliness and staff, I would be glad to! I really appreciate the management and staff that makes this possible for me. The food from the grille is exceptional too! Everything on the menu exceeds satisfactory ratings. And as expected, the bartender is always terrific! This is a must stay hotel! Two thumbs up to each and every member of this wonderful staff! I appreciate you all!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Solomons, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Stayed at HGI Frederick/ employee stay over Xmas weekend. I requested a handicapped room because it is larger, and typically less used/cleaner. There was a small blood stain in the middle of the room/carpet, torn wallpaper, and the Mira desk chair had been scribbled on with pink magic marker. It took 10 minutes of running the water in the sink & shower in order to get hot water. Breakfast foods on buffet line were luke-warm. Would have had MTO, but the cook didn't approach us until after we had started plating already cooked items. We skipped breakfast the second day and just had coffee. Went for refills after 11am, and the coffee station had been completely removed. When we left at 11:30am, I went over to 4 or 5 staff members eating bananas out of the guest whole fruit bowl and asked for coffee refills offering my own to go cups. I was told coffee was no longer available. I told them coffee was supposed to be available 24/7, and they said I needed to address the Front desk, as they were doing what they were told. Reported to Front desk that coffee was supposed to be 24/7 as I was leaving. FD staff member did not reply to me and went to speak to staff members now sitting at the bar. They certainly did not portray the hospitality spirit Conrad Hilton intended for his guests. Next time I'll try Hampton Inn Frederick.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I enjoyed my extended stay at this property. My room was spacious and clean. The hotel is in a nice location with good dining nearby. The staff was great and would recommend staying at this hotel. My only issue with this hotel was the questionable internet access. It was often slow and not reliable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011 via mobile

By far this is a very nice hotel .I stay at hotels 156 times a year and this hotel is one of the best. I will make this my hotel when I am in the area ... Thanks to the staff for making my stay worry free nice job..

• Stayed November 2011
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

On our LONG drive home from the Midwest we stopped at the Hilton Garden inn at 2am. We had NO reservation and the desk clerk was so quick and efficient to get us room for our family. The hotel was empty as it was the end of Thanksgiving weekend. We had a large room with two queen beds and big bathroom.

We finally got settled in about 3am and the beds were so comfortable! They have adjustable beds in all rooms. They also use room darkening shades that enabled us to sleep in past the sunrise. Our family was so relieved to stay at this hotel as we were exhausted. No one wanted to get back on the road.

The rooms were nicely appointed with large flat screen tvs and free wi fi for everyone. They had a desk, refrigerator and coffee maker. It had we needed for our quick stop.

The only issue we had was at check in the clerk told us about breakfast being served from 7-11am on Sunday. My husband got up before the rest of us and went down to eat. When he was done, he was given a check for $9.95 for his meal. Not a bad price, however, we were told it was included! We opted not to pay this price for our two smaller children and took them to Cracker Barrel right around the corner.

If it weren't for the misinformation of the desk clerk at check in .. everything would have been perfect. I explained this at checkout and the women Sherlisa at the front desk was so arguementive about this that we let it go. I think we interrupted her conversation with a fellow employee. Otherwise a great price and very clean and well kept hotel. We would return on another trip to the area but just realize breakfast is NOT included.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor or above for quieter room away from the highway.