“Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Extended Stay Savings
Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Frederick
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011 via mobile

By far this is a very nice hotel .I stay at hotels 156 times a year and this hotel is one of the best. I will make this my hotel when I am in the area ... Thanks to the staff for making my stay worry free nice job..

• Stayed November 2011

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

On our LONG drive home from the Midwest we stopped at the Hilton Garden inn at 2am. We had NO reservation and the desk clerk was so quick and efficient to get us room for our family. The hotel was empty as it was the end of Thanksgiving weekend. We had a large room with two queen beds and big bathroom.

We finally got settled in about 3am and the beds were so comfortable! They have adjustable beds in all rooms. They also use room darkening shades that enabled us to sleep in past the sunrise. Our family was so relieved to stay at this hotel as we were exhausted. No one wanted to get back on the road.

The rooms were nicely appointed with large flat screen tvs and free wi fi for everyone. They had a desk, refrigerator and coffee maker. It had we needed for our quick stop.

The only issue we had was at check in the clerk told us about breakfast being served from 7-11am on Sunday. My husband got up before the rest of us and went down to eat. When he was done, he was given a check for $9.95 for his meal. Not a bad price, however, we were told it was included! We opted not to pay this price for our two smaller children and took them to Cracker Barrel right around the corner.

If it weren't for the misinformation of the desk clerk at check in .. everything would have been perfect. I explained this at checkout and the women Sherlisa at the front desk was so arguementive about this that we let it go. I think we interrupted her conversation with a fellow employee. Otherwise a great price and very clean and well kept hotel. We would return on another trip to the area but just realize breakfast is NOT included.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor or above for quieter room away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Booked a block of rooms for my son's wedding as well as hosted a brunch for the wedding guests at the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick. The staff, particularly in the catering department, were very helpful, friendly, and accommodating. Thank you for all your help and advice, and for making it an enjoyable weekend for all.

The hotel itself was very nicely appointed and in a great location. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Farmington, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Hotel is outstanding. Personnel is very helpful and friendly. Love this hotel!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Bad Schonborn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn as a recommendation as I normally prefer the mid-class hotel of another global hotel-chain. Anyway, the arriving experience was comparable to an arriving experience at a Marriott or Hilton, very friendly staff, very helpful people and little bistro which had very good food for a reasonable price. The room was very spacious, internet was working immediate. The bed was very comfortable and also the bathroom was spacious.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to respond on your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick. I was very happy to hear that we were everything that you were expecting. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Frederick
Mt. Vernon, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stayed here for a training for 6 days.
Since I didnt have a car at my disposal, the proximity to restaurants and shops was incredibly convenient! Just a few minutes walk from lots of food choices, a terrific rib joint, liquor store, a nice Organic Market, Movie Theater and much more.
The rooms were great. Beds were very comfy, rooms were spacious, the fridge and coffee maker was a life-saver and the staff was awesome!
Even the breakfast was good. Made to order eggs, fresh hot coffee, bacon and fresh fruit. It was a big hit with our group.
I would NOT hestitate staying here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed you extended stay with us. While HGI's are not typically extended stay properties, it is great to hear that all of our amenities make it easy for you to stay for an extended period of time. We look forward to your next visit to Frederick.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

This was my first time staying at an HGI and I was very happy. My company travel agent booked this hotel for me early the day of my arrival. Check in was a breeze. Jesse was great at the front desk. Very cordial and welcoming. The lobby was nice and big. Had a fire place and restaurant/bar.

The room was very nice. I had 2 queen size beds and a view of the A/C unit on the second floor. Haha. Desk are with Herman Miller chair was a nice surprise. Wired internet was complimentary. Bathroom had Neutrogena amenities which was a nice touch. There is a microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge in the room. Nice size flat screen TV with a large selection of channels. The bed was nice and comfortable. Pillows unfortunately were not. Just too soft for my taste. Full length mirror right next to the bathroom.

I ate ate the restaurant 2 times. Once for dinner the night of arrival. I had some wings and a burger. The wings were nothing to write home about. The burger was good. Reasonably priced burgers, sandwiches and entrees. I had breakfast one morning and it was well worth the $9.95. Scrambled eggs, potatoes (very spicy so be careful if your not into that) and bacon and sausage. They also has eggs, french toast and pancakes made to order. Fresh fruit, danishes, yogurt, juices, and coffee were all included as well. Everything was very delicious and at a great price.

Overall it was a great stay. I might actually consider HGI over Courtyard when looking for places to stay when traveling for business. Especially if they are all like this one.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent trip to Frederick, MD. We are happy to be your introduction to the HGI brand. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff takes great pride to make sure that every guest has a great experience whether it is your first time with us or you 100th.
We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in Frederick.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!