“I can't believe I am dissing a Hilton, but...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Extended Stay Savings
Ranked #3 of 21 hotels in Frederick
San Antonio, Texas
“I can't believe I am dissing a Hilton, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

But this is not a great example for the chain. Start with the location, which is pretty hard to find without a GPS, then the upkeep, which is a bit haphazard. But I am really downgrading it because of the management and lack of attention to detail. I booked my room a month in advance and am a "Gold" Hhonors member, so usually get treated well. Not so much this time. I was given a handicapped room with a sit down shower, though I am not handicapped. The room had a coffee maker, but no coffee. It needed new carpet. Not horrible, but I expect better from Hilton. I usually get better from Hilton.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I can't say enough good things about Christine Seaberg and the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick, MD. We had family and friends stay there for our daughter, Katie's, wedding. People commented on how nice the rooms were. The front desk people were friendly and helpful with many many requests. The private breakfast was set up an run very nicely. Our gift bags were distributed to our wedding guests when they checked in. The handicapped accesible room was just what that guest needed. Even juggling a few reservations posed no problem for Christine. Everything the Hilton and their people did helped us to enjoy a wonderful memorable wedding celebration. I would definitely recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to anyone planning an event like ours.
A big thank you to all of you!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with the Hilton garden Inn, Frederick. I will make sure that Christine and the rest of the staff hears your kind words. It is our goal to provide the best experience in Frederick and I am happy to hear that we lived up to that expectation. I appreciate you and your family allowing us to be part of your family's Big Day!!

Balnarring, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Couldnt speak more highly of this hotel. Stayed for two nights in May 2011 and from the moment we checked in we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Special thanks to staff member Jessie who was very helpful and friendly after a long day when we first checked in. This hotel is clean, rooms are very spacious and modern. Grounds of the hotel were well kept and there is plenty of free onsite parking.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick. I will make sure that Jessie and the staff hear your kind words. i am happy to hear that we were able to provide exceptional service to you during your short visit to Frederick. We look forward seeing you on your next visit to Frederick.

Hilton Head Island, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Good location and a very good value for the money. One of the nicer hotels in Frederick, MD, and very reasonable rates. Very close to several restaurants, shopping, etc.

Lousy wi-fi service. We were in the middle of the wing, halfway between the elevator and the end of the wing, and our wi-fi reception was non-existent. I don't mean slow, I mean non-existent. This was using an iPhone 3Gs and an iPad2, so we're not talking about some obsolete PC with a bad wi-fi card or anything. The wi-fi service needs to be seriously beefed-up.

I think there was a wired Internet connection in the room, but this did us no good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick. I was very happy to hear your kind words in regards to our location and value. I want to apologize fopr the lack of Wi-Fi service. As you have probably seen on other posts here, our service drops significantly when the hotel is full. I want to assure you that I am aware of this problem and that I am taking the necessary steps to correct it. We are currently working with another vendor to up the bandwidth and will have everything in place within the month so that our service will be the same whether we are full or not.

Once again thank you for taking the time and we look forward to your next visit to Frederick, MD.
Keedysville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Although we live nearby, we stayed at the Hilton in Frederick, MD to be closer tovisiting family as well as the venue our daughter's wedding. Christine Seaberg was instrumental in helping to coordinate and book the many rooms we needed and she and Chenee were gracious enough to provide us with a tour when we popped by unannounced one afternoon. The suite we stayed in was very spacious and comfortable. The housekeeper was so accommodating. We loved that there was a brunch each morning, it was so convenient. We continued the party back at the hotel after the wedding on Saturday night and enjoyed drinks on the outdoor deck and DJ that the hotel provided. All in all it was a wonderful wedding weekend made just that muchh nicer by the accommodations provided by the Hilton Garden in in Frederick.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay wih us. The staff as well as myslef truely appreciate the kind words that you expressed. It is our goal that every guests experiences the same service and attention that you and your family experienced.

We look forward to the next time you stay with us.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

My daughter was married outside of Frederick at ThorpeWood, an amazing mountain facility, and the bride and groom's family and friends all statyed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Frederick. Frederick is such a charming city and certainly recommend a visit if you have not been there. While theres, do stay at the Hilton Inn. From the receptionist through the bartender, wait staff, chamber maids, chef, hotel management, everyone is friendly, helpful and just the best. The hotel ain't bad either! We held a breakfast for 75 guests the day after the wedding and were again impressed with the quality of the service and the food was just right. Certainly give this hotel and the great staff thumbs-up! We had an excellent time and at a fair price!

Room Tip: All rooms are just fine!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay. I am happy to hear that your truely enjoyed your stay with us and that so many of the staff was able to impact your experience. It is our goal that every guest has the same experience as you and your family had.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times and have had a wonderful experience each time. The rooms have always been in great condition. The staff members make you feel so welcomed that it is like they are and have been your friends. My group had several requests that we thought would be a bother for the staff but they never once had a negative reaction. Chenee, Ashley and Jesse were the main ones taking care of us while we were there. I would say if you ever stay at this hotel and need something, they will get the job done.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay. I am happy to hear that your truely enjoyed your stay with us and that so many of the staff was able to impact your experience. It is our goal that every guest has the same experience as you and your group had.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!