“Spicy was Turnoff” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Hershey, PA
“Spicy was Turnoff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We love seafood but my shrimp fettucine was very spicy unbeknownst to me - it burned my mouth and throat. My wife's more expensive fish was very good so I reordered but was awkward as her meal was almost finished when mine arrived - and I was charged the high price. Will not return to that restaurant. Gave good rating based on other fish.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

maryland
“Great food! Awful staffing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

For starters the Hostess looked like she was either half drunk or half-lit; I recall her name was Margo. She was blatantly rude with my wife and I, the last Wednesday we went to $5.00 bang bang shrimp night. We complained to our waitress, asking for the manager and the manager never came over to our table. As we left that same hostess, Margo, stood arms crossed glaring at my wife.
We love food however, in our opinion bad staffing can deter anyone from a restaurant regardless the quality of food. We refuse to come to this location due to this dreadful employee and experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Great food, average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The food at Bonefish is always good, and I've eaten at Bonefish in other locations. Every time we've gone to the Frederick location, it's been a longer wait than they've given us by a large margin. We were told it was going to be about an 80 minute wait - Ok, an hour and 20 minutes we could handle, especially as it was a Saturday night so we expected as much. We were with friends, so we had some drinks to make the time go by. An hour and a half later, we went up to the hostess's desk to ask what our wait was like, and in a very snotty tone, she told us that they were waiting on a table to finish dessert. 15 minutes later, we went up to check again, and were clearly given an attitude with a response of "I can't force those people to get up." It was completely uncalled for - we were very friendly and were not showing any frustration towards her, as we know it's not her fault. We just think that it's a courtesy to tell customers what is going on, when it's clearly way past the estimated time that you give them.

Two hours after we arrived we sat down to eat. We were starving, and luckily we had a great server who made up for the bad hostess service we received. And like other reviewers have said, it is very loud here due to the crowds. We didn't mind, but others may.

I'll never go on a weekend again without a reservation - lesson learned.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, MD
“Great food and happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We love the food at Bonefish. Dinner is always enjoyed here. Most of the time service is excellent. We have had a slow occaison but that is rare. Happy Hour is great and I love the $5.00 bang bang taco's. My husband gets the 5.00 bang bang chicken.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Bay, Florida
“Busy but quality: Order straight fish, not home special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very popular.. Wait is worthwhile/. Make reservations ahead of time. Waiter service excellent. Lots of bread. In ordering I had a mixed fish dish, rather than a filet. Had lots of indigestion after. This was also frue of friend's mother. Ask for fresh fish, no combinations. Next time, I will.

Visited January 2013