“Friendly, Comfortable and CLEAN” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hollerstown Hill

Hollerstown Hill
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frederick
Hollerstown Hill
You added Hollerstown Hill to your Saves list
4 Clarke Place, Frederick, MD 21701   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Frederick B&B and Inns
Maryland
“Friendly, Comfortable and CLEAN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I usually plan a get-away between Christmas and the New Year. We're so glad that we picked the Hollerstown B&B. I will start by saying that the B&B is a beautiful home! The owners, Betty and Phil are very friendly, accommodating and conversational. The first floor is gorgeous and decorated in a lovely fashion! Our room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. There is a lot of easy parking in the front, on-street. Breakfast was excellent and we felt relaxed the entire time. The downtown area is a quick walk from the B&B and many great restaurants are close by. We shall return!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We came with another couple to hollerstown hill. I found it to be charming and very homey. There are dolls/antiques on display, but I felt they added to the vibe of the place. Owners Betty and Phil were very accommodating. The breakfast and coffee was good, but it was a set breakfast. Tip: let them know if you have dietary restrictions ahead of times and they will happily accommodate you.

We made good use of the pool table and common areas for socializing and found it to be comfortable. The place is very clean and our bed was comfortable.

We walked to downtown Frederick and it was a nice walk... It is a few blocks so wear comfortable shoes. They also have taxi info available.

I would definitely return.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I was trying to surprise my wife with a nice night out. When I spoke to other B&B's in the area it was like they did not have time for me and my questions. When I called Hollerstown Hill I was greeted with a friendly voice (Betty) ready to answer my questions. Betty answered my questions honestly and based on the information I had given her she was able to make a great suggestion for dinner (Acacia).
We arrived just after 4pm, Betty and Phil were both at their home they showed us around the house while giving us some history on it and themselves. My wife and I went back up to our room finding a nice assortment of chocolate on the night stand, comfortable bed with clean sheets and fluffy pillows. The house had a warm and comfortable with lovely furnishings. Our sleep was restful and we woke to a delicious smell of homemade breakfast.
We went downstairs to a great homemade pancake and sausage casserole, fresh brewed coffee and wonderful conversation with both Phil, Betty and a couple of other guest.
This was a wonderful experience my wife and I shared we will be coming back to stay and would highly recommend this as a great place to stay for any occasion.

• Stayed November 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

A few things: Hubby and I are low maintenance, we have stayed in B&Bs in Ireland so we know what to expect.

This house is OLD. If you are looking for a modern place to stay - go stay at a hotel!

It is decorated head to toe with floral wallpaper and tons and tons of dolls - while not my taste, it went with the ambiance of the old house/bed and breakfast theme. I would never be able to live there because it was too busy and cluttered for my taste, but it went with classic bed and breakfast theme :)

Hubby and I got married in Frederick 5 years ago and so for our milestone decided to take a trip to VOLT and stay overnight. We arrived around 6pm, checked in and then rushed off to our dinner reservation.

Breakfast was good, but fair warning, it's carby and sweet. So if you have dietary needs make it known to them. Today's breakfast consisted of coffee cake, veggie frittata and mandarin orange yogurt/pudding/whipped cream thing. Coffee cake was good, but not even close to the Jewish sour cream coffee cake my mother makes. Hubby and I loved the frittata! And the mandarin orange parfait was light and refreshing

My one complaint is the pillows. You just sink to the bed in them. pretty much par for course if you were at a hotel!

Another note, the owner is super chatty but super nice. Combine that with my husbands lack of ability to end a conversation...we had a hard time getting out of there this morning.

Parking is fine. Other people who complained about parking are probably lazy and fat. There is parking in the back driveway and there is parking on the Main Street. Sure, we didn't get a spot right In front of B&B, but we parked a few houses down. No big deal
We would recommend this for anybody lookin to get away for their anniversary and come up to Frederick to eat and explore

istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a wonderful time. The owners are pleasant and made us feel as if we were guests in their house rather than customers. We loved the breakfast--which was both savory and sweet. I loved the claw foot bathtub in my private bathroom, and my husband got a kick out of the billiard room. Other pluses: homemade snacks, the rocking chairs on the front porch, the beautiful house, and that we were less than 1/2 a mile from great shopping and restaurants. I'd definitely recommend to family and friends and we will definitely be back.

Annandale, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Reading such glowing reviews, we booked their most expensive room ($175 total) for our wedding anniversary. Sorry to say we spent a nearly sleepless night in the worst bed (a king size shallow board mattress with an undersized hard platform beneath it), in a hot room with an unbelievably loud, ugly "portable heat pump" putting out very little cool air. The small, older TV provided had a volume control that was no match for the heat pump noise. The bathroom was large, large enough for a very large display of dolls. In fact dolls had to be removed before you could set your things down on the vanity or on the chest at the bottom of the bed. The vanity had an old upholstered seat with very worn, dirty upholstery, ugh! We were so miserable we left without breakfast. No parking was provided leaving us to park on the street several blocks away. The most expensive hotel room in town we found online was $179. Even the cheapest hotel we have ever stayed in had a better mattress, climate control, TV and probably kleenex and a hair dryer too. Comfort essentials must come before decorations! Will attempt to post pictures of the real room, not the idealized web page.

Dexter, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hollerstown Hill is the first B&B at which I have ever had the pleasure of staying. I am hooked! The home is in a quiet neighborhood directly across from a school for the deaf. Betty and Phil were incredibly welcoming and their home is decorated beautifully. My room was spacious, adorned nicely with antiques, pillows, nic nacs and such. I walked a few minutes down to the Italian restaurant they recommended for a late supper which was scrumptious. My sleep was restful and I awoke refreshed. I went for a run around the area and ended up on a multipurpose path that was perfect. For breakfast, Betty made chocolate waffles, bacon and a fresh fruit smoothie made to order. It was all delicious! I enjoyed chatting with the other patrons and they shared some helpful travel tips. I will definitely return to this B& B the next time I am on my way to viist my daughter in N. C. and I highly recommend it!!!

Room Tip: I heard there is a room at the back with a balcony, but my room was also great!