I stayed at this hotel twice over the last month, each time for 4 days. My overall experience was excellent.
My first room had 2 queen beds and a sitting chair. The 2nd room, with a king bed, sofa bed, and coffee table, felt more spacious, although neither was crowded. There was also a 2nd table next to the fridge/microwave that was great for extra storage or to leave a suitcase on.
Nice things about the room include a large work desk, great lighting (not often seen in hotels), very comfortable beds, a choice of pillows ("soft" or "firm," with a noticable difference), and 2 large mirrors.
The bathroom was also good sized. The sink is in the same room as shower/toilet. My room with the queen beds had a shower/tub, and the king bed room had a shower-sized stall (no tub), so make sure to ask if you want to take a bath!
I have 2 minor complaints with the room: a somewhat limited channel selection on the TV (about 25 channels; hotels like the Hampton usually have more channels) and no newspaper on the weekend.
The first floor of the hotel has the check-in desk, meeting rooms, a pool with separate whirlpool (both very nice), a work-out room (which has 4 aerobic machines only - no weights), 2 computers with internet access and printing (free), and a small pantry. Opposite the front desk is a relaxing sitting area with couches, a fireplace and TV. Next to that is a large dining area that feels more spacious due to the 2-story high ceiling. There is an extensive, free, continental breakfast, supplemented with 1 hot entree. Coffee is available all day.
The common areas were very nicely furnished and created a very welcoming feel to the hotel. The staff were also friendly and helpful; they were easily able to direct me to a local gym.
A big plus is the free in-room wired internet and free wireless throughout the hotel. They can even provide an externel wireless antenna connection if you don't have a wireless card.
The hotel is right off the highway and a few miles from downtown Frederick. A grocery store is within walking distance (although I'd probably drive since it's across a very busy road). Also a few miles away is a shopping center that includes another grocery store, Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Panera, Cold Stone, a few other restaurants, and a local chain called 5 Guys that had amazing hamburgers.
Overall, for a mid-range hotel, you can't go wrong with this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an ideal location in Maryland’s second largest city, the Frederick-Fort Detrick offers easy access to Fort Detrick along with all the other attractions of the city. Whether you prefer to take in the historical sites or stroll through the town, browsing antiques, this hotel is conveniently positioned for both business and leisure travel. And during your stay, enjoy a free, hot breakfast each morning, complimentary internet service, free parking, an indoor pool, fitness center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
- Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick Hotel Frederick
- Hampton Inn Frederick
- Frederick Hampton Inn