My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick for a week in early June 2006 while we were looking for a house to buy in the Frederick area. We lived in Frederick for 10 years before moving to MA and my husband's job is transferring him back to the area. We have stayed in several hotels in the Frederick area and this hotel is a standout. Note that there are 2 Hampton Inns in Frederick; the other one is located off I-270, at 5311 Buckeystown Pike. The hotel in this review is the newer of the two.
The hotel opened fairly recently and the rooms and common areas are in excellent condition. There is a large lobby area with 2 computers for guest use, 2 tvs, and a breakfast area where coffee and tea are available 24 hours a day. A free breakfast is provided each morning. The first floor also has several business meeting rooms, a guest laundry with a washer and dryer, a fitness room, and a pool/hot tub room. The fitness room is tiny, with a tv, treadmill, cycle, and an elliptical trainer. The indoor pool is very small. There is a large parking lot with free parking.
The hotel is easily accessible from I-15 and there is a grocery store nearby, as well as several fast food places and restaurants.
We had a large room with a king sized bed, microwave, medium sized refrigerator, loveseat with pull out bed, and a desk. Free high speed internet access is available in every room. The bathroom was fairly large with a tub sized shower enclosure, but did not have a bathtub. There was a hair dryer which worked well. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were polyester filled and were lumpy. The air conditioning worked very well. The room itself was quite clean, even the bath, and we found housekeeping to be outstanding during our stay, far above average. Sometimes when you have an extended stay at a hotel, they can get lax about cleaning your room. Here our room was cleaned daily in a timely manner.
All of the staff were pleasant and helpful. I would definately recomend the Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an ideal location in Maryland’s second largest city, the Frederick-Fort Detrick offers easy access to Fort Detrick along with all the other attractions of the city. Whether you prefer to take in the historical sites or stroll through the town, browsing antiques, this hotel is conveniently positioned for both business and leisure travel. And during your stay, enjoy a free, hot breakfast each morning, complimentary internet service, free parking, an indoor pool, fitness center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
- Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick Hotel Frederick
- Hampton Inn Frederick
- Frederick Hampton Inn