“Very nice Hampton Inn!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Harrisburg, PA
“Very nice Hampton Inn!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

Our stay here was great. Our room was large and very clean and comfortable. The pool area was clean. The hotel is right off the highway and easy to find. Breakfast was good. I would recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Richmond VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

We stayed here one night after deciding we didn't want to drive any longer. It was quite nice: clean and quiet. We were there on a Tuesday, for the manager's reception, so my husband had dinner there, while I later ate at a pizza place across the street. I liked that our king room had a sofa - it's so much nicer for two people to have seats to watch TV in a hotel rather than one having to sit in bed to watch.

A couple glitches: the first room we were given had a non-working tv, and when we came back an hour or so later, it still wasn't working. I called down again to the desk, and was only then told that they'd been having problems with it. The hotel wasn't full - why assign the room? We had to pack up all our stuff and move to another room.

Second issue was that the bathrooms in both rooms seemed to have been built for giants. The very nice vanity was high - almost too high for me to wash my face at (I'm 5'2"). And the shower head was mounted practically at the ceiling - I would have liked to adjust the nozzle setting, but had no hope of changing it unless I woke my husband up to reach it.

Breakfast was adequate, and typical. All in all, a nice stay, though slightly pricey for the Tuesday after Labor Day in Frederick ($140).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

This hotel continues to impress. My wife and I went to see a show at Way Off Broadway and stayed overnight. It has an onsite shop, well kept rooms, great breakfast, great price, great service - in fact, I can not rate this hotel any higher.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
frederick, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

Loved this place, it was a real suprise for me. I felt as though I was in a 5 star hotel. Staff and rooms were great. I will stay there again on my next trip over.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
dublin,ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

We had a large group including several teenage boys and were well taken care of by the hotel.Breakfast was a little on the scimpy side but I guess what can you expect for free.Easy access to the freeway made this a good location for us since we had to come and go frequently for a sports tournament.The suites were a bit on the smallish side compared to some but the hotel gave us a nice discount for our large group.

• Stayed July 2009
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

We really liked this hotel. It was definitely one of the better off-the-highway hotels that we have stayed in. As a newer hotel, it is somewhat trendy with an upscale feel. Our service was great, we were helped with directions and some forgotten toiletries. The room was very comfortable, with a nice sitting area. Will definitely consider Hampton Inn for trips in the future.

• Stayed March 2009
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for a weekend getaway for Valentine's Day. The hotel is just lovely with comfy leather couches, a fireplace, and flat screen TV in the lobby. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Kathy treated us like we were the only guests at the hotel. Our room was lovely, exceptionally clean, fresh smelling, with a very comfortable king-size bed and nice pillows. The shower was roomy with good water pressure. This was one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in (and we have stayed in many). The complimentary breakfast was adequate, the 24 hour available coffee was very good, and the cookies in the evening were a nice touch. I would highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again. Thanks, Hampton Inn, for a lovely weekend!

• Liked — Cleaniness and service.
  • Disliked — If I had to pick something, it would be the breakfast.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick? Share your experiences!