“Hampton Times” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
frederick, md
“Hampton Times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

Loved this place, it was a real suprise for me. I felt as though I was in a 5 star hotel. Staff and rooms were great. I will stay there again on my next trip over.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
dublin,ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

We had a large group including several teenage boys and were well taken care of by the hotel.Breakfast was a little on the scimpy side but I guess what can you expect for free.Easy access to the freeway made this a good location for us since we had to come and go frequently for a sports tournament.The suites were a bit on the smallish side compared to some but the hotel gave us a nice discount for our large group.

• Stayed July 2009
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

We really liked this hotel. It was definitely one of the better off-the-highway hotels that we have stayed in. As a newer hotel, it is somewhat trendy with an upscale feel. Our service was great, we were helped with directions and some forgotten toiletries. The room was very comfortable, with a nice sitting area. Will definitely consider Hampton Inn for trips in the future.

• Stayed March 2009
Pasadena, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for a weekend getaway for Valentine's Day. The hotel is just lovely with comfy leather couches, a fireplace, and flat screen TV in the lobby. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Kathy treated us like we were the only guests at the hotel. Our room was lovely, exceptionally clean, fresh smelling, with a very comfortable king-size bed and nice pillows. The shower was roomy with good water pressure. This was one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in (and we have stayed in many). The complimentary breakfast was adequate, the 24 hour available coffee was very good, and the cookies in the evening were a nice touch. I would highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again. Thanks, Hampton Inn, for a lovely weekend!

• Liked — Cleaniness and service.
  • Disliked — If I had to pick something, it would be the breakfast.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

My young daughter and I were traveling alone to attend a baby shower. Having not been to this particular part of Maryland before and with so many hotels to choose from, I relied on Trip Advisor to make my selection. The AAA room rate we received included free breakfast the next morning. My older son is a travel hockey player so we stay in alot of hotels. I have to say this may have been the best! From the minute I walked into the beautiful hotel lobby until the minute I checked out, our stay was exceptional. The room was big, clean, quiet and comfy. Everyone -- from the reservations clerk to the cleaning lady smiled! They have a small area where they sell snacks right next to the reservations desk so if you rent a movie to watch in your room, you can pickup some microwave popcorn and sodas to go with it. There is a small gym and indoor pool and we used both. I was highly impressed and am looking for reasons to go back to Fort Detrick again!

• Liked — Beauiful hotel and clean rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Te Awamutu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

We picked the Hampton Inn Fort Detrick/Frederick based on the Trip advisor reviews for a three week stay in early October , 2008. Our total experience at this hotel completely endorsed the No 1 ranking that previous reviewers have given . Whilst most Hamptons give a good standard service , the people at this hotel just seemed that extra bit friendlier and helpful. The facilities are good and we made regular use of their pool, gym and laundry. The front desk staff were knowledgeable about the area and more than willing to give advice . The location is great at a local level with a supermarket as well as thai, italian and fast food restaurant within 5 mins walk .The Frederick town Mall is also less than 5 mins drive away by a quiet local road , if you want to avoid the nearby highway . An excellent central location for the civil war battlefields of Gettysburg, Antietam and the Upper Shenandoah as well as commuter train access to Washington DC ( MARC trains Mon Fri , three trains in the morning and three back late afternoon at $14 return) without the hassles of driving and parking.A good base for tourists visiting the Capital Region of the US.

• Liked — Consistent High Standard
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

The staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. I was traveling by motorcycle, and they gladly accommodated my request to park near the front door, under the lighted canopy. Believe me, I sleep better when I know the bike is in a safe place.
The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, as is the case at all Hampton Inns in my experience. Breakfast was up to the usual high standards.
There is some construction going on next door to the hotel, but as I arrived in the evening and left in the morning, it didn't affect me.
There are a few restaurants and a grocery within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick? Share your experiences!