I can't believe this hotel only gets two stars! This hotel has many features that I've found in much higher class hotels.
We booked this hotel after canceling our reservation with another in the area because of security issues. We only 15 minutes before we had to leave for the airport and we were able to make the reservation and get an email confirmation from the staff within minutes.
If you work for the government make sure you ask for the reduced rate and bring your government ID for verification.
There are so many good things to say about this hotel. I'll start with the staff--PROFESSIONAL and EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Everyone is A++++ going out of their way to make sure you feel comfortable.
The reception area employee assisted us when we needed to print a document off of our flash drive. The business center computers did not have the software program to open the file so she printed it from her computer.
The breakfast area staff kept everything refilled to the point where I felt like I was the first one to eat each morning. They come by and smile and ask how everything is. The German lady even knew some of the returning customers and would chit-chat with them. On Friday night I noticed a gentlemen removing some of the smaller tables and replacing them with larger ones. I asked him if it was more crowded on the week-ends and he said that a large group had checked in so they wanted to be sure there was available seating, and there was. This area flows out from the living room area.
The housekeeping staff did a fantastic job. Our room was spotless. This is my most important pet-peeve to have a clean bathroom and this one was imacculent. It had a rich dark wood open shelving in the bathroom and the towels were stacked there as well as the coffee pot. The counter top is granite, in fact there is a lot of granite through out the entire hotel. It didn't have a tub but it did have a very clean full sized shower.
The bed was fantastic----ours wasn't like the picture on the website, I think that is a default picture they use or they have since changed. We had a white fluffy down comforter that was used instead of a bedspread. Pillows are also fluffy. The bed was extraordinarily comfortable. There is a large desk/dresser/entertainment center all in dark rich woods. Since we only had one King size bed there was also a love seat with a fold out bed, that we did not use so I don't know about the comfort level.
Indoor heated pool and seperate hot tub adjacent to the small work out area. We didn't use the pool because it was a last minute booking and didn't have suit.
The reception area was sleek with granite and a small store to buy items quickly was open around the clock--they even had wine and beer!
The business center has two computers both have printers. You can access the internet through them or if you have your own computer they have free wi-fi. If you don't have a network card you can plug into their modem.
A plush living room area was next to the business center with a fireplace and extra large tv screen. Leather and material sofas/chairs/love seats were nicely appointed.
I loved this hotel. Everything was clean and neat and I really felt like a guest. The reception area also has free items if your forgot something like toothpaste/brush, etc.
There is nothing bad to say about this hotel but I do have one suggestion---put adobe reader on the business center computers because a lot of people use it.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
- Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick Hotel Frederick
- Hampton Inn Frederick
- Frederick Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an ideal location in Maryland’s second largest city, the Frederick-Fort Detrick offers easy access to Fort Detrick along with all the other attractions of the city. Whether you prefer to take in the historical sites or stroll through the town, browsing antiques, this hotel is conveniently positioned for both business and leisure travel. And during your stay, enjoy a free, hot breakfast each morning, complimentary internet service, free parking, an indoor pool, fitness center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.