To address the previous reviewer, the lobby has a bank of computers that were working perfectly yesterday. There is a printer that can copy your airline reservation..or anything you need.
Special kudos go to our Sunday breakfast helper, who didn't seemed pressed and yet kept the busy DR in good order (even for a ravenous but sleepy soccer team). This nice lady visited each table, smiling and removing used packets, etc. We lingered, enjoying a friends fest, and we were never disturbed.
Comfy beds, a good shower head, quick lifts, easy access..all the elements. Smiling, efficient check out.
Hampton Inn is located just off the Motter Avenue exit of Rt 15 on the north end of Frederick.
There is a new Walgreens drugstore practically next door, a Weiss Market a couple of hundred yards across Oppossumtown Pike (it becomes Motter Ave. on the Frederick side of the 15 overpass. Historic downtown Frederick is about two miles away. Hood College, off Rosemont Avenue, is two miles via Rt. 15. Frederick Community College is about one mile further. There are restaurants along Thomas Johnson Drive (doctor's row) and a Roy Rogers and a chicken take out near the Weiss store.
Sadly, Frederick does not have lodging in the historic area, but plans exist for a boutique hotel near Carroll Creek. But for now, the Hampton Inn Ft. Dietrick is the best choice.
The other Hampton Inn is on the south (Washington) side of Frederick and close to the Francis Scott Key Mall, a plus if you are a big shopper or want a huge selection of fast food emporiums.
There is also a Holiday Inn on the highway side of the Mall.
Choose the Mall inn for the Frederick Keys ballpark, Mt. Olivet Cemetary, or shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an ideal location in Maryland’s second largest city, the Frederick-Fort Detrick offers easy access to Fort Detrick along with all the other attractions of the city. Whether you prefer to take in the historical sites or stroll through the town, browsing antiques, this hotel is conveniently positioned for both business and leisure travel. And during your stay, enjoy a free, hot breakfast each morning, complimentary internet service, free parking, an indoor pool, fitness center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick Hotel Frederick
- Hampton Inn And Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick
- Hampton Inn Frederick
- Frederick Hampton Inn