“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The check-in staff could not have been any friendlier. The young lady at the Check-In desk was helpful with local directions for dinner, and other locations. I will stay here again!!! My room was clean, as was the entire hotel property. I am a road warrior who stay in hotels 125 nights a year. THis was one of the nicest experiances in a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
VW_Lupo_TD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Yes, even if you put up signs and call it a non smoking room - IT IS NOT !!! That is like putting up a sign on one end of the pool that says "no peeing zone". It was apparent that my room has been smoked in either against the rules of the hotel or that it was still lingering from the times that it was not yet a non smoking room.
I would wager that it takes 12 months, a new coat of paint, new carpet and completely new furniture before I would call it a non smoking room.
There was even a cigarette burn mark in the carpet right next to the bed. I was there one night on business and had a meeting early the morning after i checked out. The terrible night i had after sleeping in the nicotine and tar infested room was NOT made up for by a wonderful and tasty breakfast. Scrambled eggs ? Were those even eggs at all ? I would not be this harsh writing this review if I had not paid $130 for the night. In this price category things like these are simply NOT ACCEPTABLE. I travel all over the country for business and I hope that this was most definitely my last night in a Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: do the leg work and see and "smell" a room first before you commit to it if you have to st...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My stay at the Hapton Inn was very good. The staff is excellent and the breakfast is very good. It is one of the nicest hotels next to Fort Detrick. The problem for me is the slow internet connection. The internet is complimentary and fine if you only need to do email. My problem is that I have need true high speed internet for business. I am willing to pay for it. The wired connection was not different from the wireless connection: 451kbps from cnet.com I have a Sprint 3G/4G Hotspot just for this problem, but I only get 1 bar from the top floor of the hotel. I will have to wait until I am on my American Airlines plane in order to get my business done. First rate hotel, 3rd World Internet.

Room Tip: The rooms are very nice. No problem with the 5th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the nicer Hampton's in terms of cleanliness and service. Breakfast was above average for this brand and the woman who was working breakfast was very helpful and friendly. Location is a bit odd, back in a residential area. We will stay again if travel brings us there.

• Stayed November 2012
peoria, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights in a single King bed room. At check in, the clerk was friendly and explained the breakfast hours and amenities. We found our room to be extremely clean and very spacious. The sofa, unlike most hotel sofas, was very comfortable and the bed was top notch. We checked with a clerk later that afternoon for dining recommendations, and she was very friendly and helpful, offering a Frederick tourism book and explaining some options nearby as well as some favorites downtown. This young lady is a credit to the establishment. We enjoyed a nice continental breakfast with many options. Another thing I noticed is that they have coffee in caraffes near the clerk's desk 24 hours. We had to leave early the second morning as we had an early wedding to attend. All in all, this was a GREAT hotel and we were both extremely pleased. The staff really stuck out as being friendly and helpful and thorough. This showed through in everything from the way they interacted with guests, to the cleanliness of the hotel. I can't say enough nice things.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good-sized clean room, plenty of free parking, very easy to find if you take US-15 to Frederick (as we did). Above-average breakfast (several hot items, make-your-own waffles, porridge, on top of usual suspects of pastries, cereals and fruit salad) and very decent selection of teas. Good-quality coffee too. This place delivers usual Hampton Inn combination of good accommodation and reasonable prices, and does it in big heaps. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We checked in to this hotel to celebrate our wedding aniversary and

The staff here is rude, sorely and combative. We requested a room with 2 queen beds and were give a room with 2 double beds. This is false advertising, because all of the rooms with "2 Queen beds" are actually rooms with 2 double beds.

The hotel was located in a residential area. I don't feel comfortable with this because of the high crime rates.

When we checked in we met the rudest individuals who did not want to haelp us. We asked several questions and it seemed as though they did not want to answer them.

The next morning we ask the housekeepning staff not to do our room (we even had our DND on the door) which they ignored. I complained and instructed the Front desk that we did not want our room sericed for that day, told the Housekeeper and had our do not disturb sign on the door. Finally they did not clean our room. The next four days we did not have any housekeeping service even tough we never told any one not to clean nor did we have our DND on the door. We had to return to the Front desk to get supplys and our garbage was so full we could not put anything else in it.

Breakfast was average, but the girls were great; Friendly and talkative. The front desk staff toward the end of our stay was nice, but by then it was too late.

I don't believe the GM even cares about the guest.

Room Tip: Stay in a room with a king bed. Stay on a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Frederick-Fort Detrick? Share your experiences!