“Well worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Frederick, Maryland
“Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We ate here on 11-23-13 as a preview before opening invitation. The place was awesome and the food was delicious. The wine and beer options are extensive. The staff was fast and very accurate with our issue of NO canola oil. The chef made a special pizza for our guest. I would definitely recommend a stop by if you're in the area. We will return for sure. Parking is ample too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

45% Recommend
Frederick, Maryland
“Great New Meeting Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Although this is new restaurant in town it is seemingly off to a great start. The wait, on Black Friday, was only 7-8 minutes. The menu is expansive and reasonably priced. The salads were fresh and creative (steak salad with grilled veggies), the pizzas were tasty (both regular crust and deep-dish) and drinks reminded me of my youth (craft soft drinks - root beer and black cherry). The atmosphere was casual and the wait staff was welcoming and attentive. We will return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Bad Experience, but Great Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

As a resident of Dallas, TX, I am quite familiar with this chain. In facts, when I was visiting my family for the holidays in Maryland, I was quite surprised to find this place and was eager to share my positive past experiences.

Upon arriving we were told there was a wait time of 50-60 minutes for a table of four. I told my parents the wait is worth it. 90-100 minutes later we were seated, after several times of informing the hostess team (not individual) of how long we had been waiting. And to make things worse, we observed several other same size parties seated prior to us (non call ahead). After finally being sweated we ordered our food which included 2 orders of ribs, which we had been eagerly awaiting since we had looked at the menu far in advance.

About 5-7 minutes after putting in out order, we were told they were out of ribs. We asked to speak to the manager because we were disappointed in the continuous chain of poor events.

Upon arriving to the table, I greeted the manager by the name of Jacob, informing him of our excessive wait time and inability to order the food we so patiently waited to eat. His first response was to excuse the wait do to the fact that this was the chains first Saturday being open and they were still trying to figure out wait times. He also stated the rib shortage was not his fault because of a delayed shipment (which later changed to the ribs were not prepared in time to be served fully cooked).

Only a small apology was stated at the end of a long chain of excuses. I quickly asked for the regional manger. Jacob stated the General Manager was onsite and he would get her to come to our table. Her name was Sarah and she was extremely apologetic to our situation and took 100% of the blame on her part. She apologized for the wait, the shortage of food that we had selected, and ensured that we would be taken care of the rest of the night.

Let me be clear, the food was very good. Our waitress, Angelica, was a gem and ver professional. The GM, Sarah, was extremely courteous and professional. She even offered us a $25 gift card for our troubled. I was just very upset with our interaction with the manger Jacob and our hostess team.

I would recommend any of their burgers and the chili. I had their pulled pork sandwich, which was awesome.

Sometimes it's circumstances beyond your control, but my first experience with this location was less than good. Will I visit this location again? I believe so. I feel like tonight was just not one of their best.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere