“Great food and service but very loud” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 319 restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
Harrisburg, PA
“Great food and service but very loud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Frederick for a concert on a Friday evening and made reservations at the Tasting Room for dinner. We were there at 6 p.m. and were seated near the bar at the end of Happy Hour. The relatively small dining room was getting busy too. All this, coupled with the wood floors and high ceilings, made for a very loud ambience. Despite the lively surroundings, the service was great and the food was special. I had the ginger-carrot soup, and it was a taste sensation. My wife said it would be simple to make, but it was really good I had the scallops for my entree. Despite the rather small serving (3 large scallops), they were exceptional and succulent. My wife had the salmon By contrast, she got a rather large piece of salmon that was grilled just right and terrifically tasty. For dessert, we shared a creme brule that was smooth and creamy and prepared to perfection, The price? The Tasting Room is pretty pricey, but the quality justifies the cost if you can stand the noise!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Western PA
“Excellent food and affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stopped for lunch and had a great experience. The menu is very unique and the food was very good. Service was great. Even though it has linen table cloths and napkins, anyone is welcome. The pricing was much less than we thought it would be when we first walked in.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
maryland
“Tasty But High Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We enjoyed an evening at the Tasting Room after many praises from friends. The place is surprisingly small, which is probably why reservations are highly recommended. We expected the evening to be pricing and were told upfront that the Menu is on the higher end. With that in end mind, you automatically expect more and maybe that is why I am not giving the Tasting Room 5 out of 5. My meal was tasty. The Lobster Mashed Potatoes and Soup was WONDERFUL; however, the steak, which everyone raved about really lacked flavor in my opinion. Especially for the price you pay. The service was good, the atmosphere has a city feel to it and the wine and beverage selection is great.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
frederick, md
“Birthday evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a wonderful birthday dinner with family. Reservations were made and we arrived early. We were seated near the windows for downtown dinning. Bar area is near but not interrupting. Food selection was great, staff helpful and knowledgeable. Steaks were perfect and the evening was a hit for my birthday.

Visited January 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“A Light and Luscious Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A great place for lunch with friends. The Tasting Room is beautifully situated in historic downtown Frederick. We had a fairly large party and were given a small room in the back. Our service was excellent. I had the grilled chicken salad, which was lightly dressed with a delicious combination of flavors. It was a bit pricey, but I wouldn't hesitate to return to taste some of the other menu options.

• Visited March 2013