“a favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 320 restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
Wheaton, Illinois
“a favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

6 of us ate at The Tasting Room on a Mon evening after tramping Antietam Battlefield since 6am. We were ready for a relaxing and hearty meal. The specialty drinks were imaginative and delicious. Everyone loved their dinner. Service was supuperb. Our, server, David, was a lot of fun. Excellent wine list with lots of price points. Would definitely go back!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Newport News, Virginia
“Pompous and Unprofessional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I grew up in Frederick county and I have eaten at most restaurants in downtown Frederick. I find the Tasting Room very pretentious and loud, from the staff to the clientele. The last time my friends and I went here we were running late because one person in our party had a little trouble with her toddler. We called ahead and told them we would be 15 minutes late and they told me they would hold the table. When we arrived 20 minutes late, they had given away the table. That would have been fine; we were late I get it, but don't tell me you're holding the table.

The most repulsive thing about the evening was the Maitre D. While we waited for our table that had been given away, he proceeded to go up to a table of women beside the window and started to make fun of a man who was stretching to take a run just outside the window. Really? I just thought it was really mean and unprofessional, but that is the vibe in there.

The food is always good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's worth the money or pretentiousness of the place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We had a delicious meal. Food was excellent, but the service was just okay. My friend and I ordered two things to split and the waitress didn't do the splitting, and didn't bring extra plates until we asked. In any event, we'd go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Given the prices, you'd expect more....our dishes were pretty bland on the whole. I felt like I could have made everything better at home. We went specifically because the lobster mashed potatoes sounded so good, but they were pretty blah...great local ingredients just deserve a little more pizzazz!

Visited March 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“Best Restaurant in Frederick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Upscale food, casual atmosphere. Servers aren't as professional as they should be, a little too relaxed for the price of dining there. The food is very good, their meats are excellent. I've only had a couple of items that were average, the rest was truly excellent. If you want to eat well, try this place. If in season, have the Colorado Lamb. It is pehnomenal and worth every penny!

Visited June 2012