“I have been going here for 13 years...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Washington, Virginia
“I have been going here for 13 years...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I need to tell you that I have eaten seafood all of the place. The West Indies, Caribbean, Bermuda, Delaware, New York etc. The Dutch's Daughter is my favorite restaurant. I travel 1.2 hours away to eat here. And it is worth the gas and time. The crab dip is out of this world and cream of crab soup is wonderful. I have never eaten at a more consistent restaurant for my food to taste the same for 13 years says a lot. The crab crabs cakes are to die for.... My vote for best restaurant in Maryland...

Visited April 2014

Frederick, Maryland
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

If you are looking for great food and service can't go wrong here. The price is high but worth every penny.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Market, Maryland
“Meh....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I had high expectations for Dutch's Daughter. They were not met. I'll start with the good. The service was very good. Our waitress was funny, and very fast. Drinks were kept full the entire visit. The bad. Food just wasn't that good, we ordered the crab meat and asparagus. It was literally crab meat on top of bland, sautéed asparagus. Now, I know lumps of crab meat are something most restaurants skimp on, and usually use filler, they don't do that here, but the entire dish was very bland. My entree was the filet, rare. I've had better. Again, it was lacking on seasoning. Overall, there are tastier, and cheaper options in Frederick.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Best crab cakes ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We have been going to DD for years and have never had a bad meal. My husband's favorite is the fried haddock. He ends up with a meal and 2 lunches from the leftovers. My favorites are the crab cakes or, the very best, crab imperial. If you can afford the calories, the cream of crab soup is to die for.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Great Sunday Brunch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

One of the best Sunday Brunch layouts around!! Dutch's has the best Cream of Crab soup in the area! Highly recommend for a family outing - also recommend making reservations as their brunch is very popular.

• Visited February 2014