“Great Food but expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Westminster, Maryland
“Great Food but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have a family dinner at Dutch's Daughter every year. The food is always wonderful, the service varies. This year the service was perfect. The staff was attentive but inconspicuous. I ordered the stuffed shrimp and they were very good but the shrimp were small and there were not very many of them. So, although the dish was very good, for the price they were definitely not worth it. Other dishes seemed much more generous. My husband ordered the seafood saute and my son ordered the prime rib. Both were very happy with their choices.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Union Bridge, Maryland
“Best crab cakes I have ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'm 51 years old and these are the best broiled crab cakes I have ever had. Enough said. I was there for a wedding rehearsal dinner. Their host took care of us.

• Visited June 2013
virginia
“Rehearsal dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

While I have been here a dozen times with the wife, friends, family, and the food is always top notch, and the price vs food offerings was the best within 30 miles of my leesburg , va home, the event was marred by lousy service as far as two waiters keeping up with 17 adults and 4 children.
Maybe I was expecting more for less, after all, catering to that large of a group is a big feat.
Drinks were a la carte , and it must have been 20-25 minutes before the first drink orders arrived, two selected appetizers were waiting upon the 6 pm start , by the time we were on our 3rd round, bad salads were being served, things got better. I think a 3rd waiter would have helped quite a bit.
Overall the food, gratuities , atmosphere were five stars, price as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Very Good, Almost Great...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Saw their ad on the back of the 'Visit Frederick' Magazine and saw that they had a #1 Rating for Crab Cakes, so we decided to try it. The building and décor is very unique and appealing, the prices, well, it's Frederick, MD, you sort of expect high prices, but I'm not convinced the very good food warranted the price of great food. The crab cakes were tender, no filler and good, but they could have used some seasoning and were a bit bland. My wife who doesn't particularly like sweets decided to forego the honey sauce on their Salmon, which they billed as one of their 'Signature Dishes,' and with the honey sauce, the Salmon also was on the bland side and could have used some seasoning. The salad was good, but I would have expected some cheese in it. Overall good, not great. For the price, I'll stick with Bavarian Inn, in Shepherdstown for top notch, great food, for special occasions.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Lovely restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was my 2nd visit, I had been there before for company Christmas party. This time I went with the family to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Although we made reservations for the patio, we had to wait a good 1/2 hour to be seated. The host went out of her way apologizing and keeping us entertained with friendly conversation. As soon as we got a table they offered us a cup of crab soup on the house for the waiting. Our server was great, knowledgeable and attentive to details. The food was incredible tasty, great quality sweet potatoes! a very pleasant dinner experience, from appetizer to dessert -got to try the amazing peach pie! It was a little pricey, but worth it. Next time we will try the Sunday lunch!

• Visited June 2013