“Crab cakes...need I say more?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Billings, Montana
“Crab cakes...need I say more?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Being from Montana I don't often eat seafood. When I do though I want crab. This place has simply the best crab cake I have ever eaten. I sat at the bar in the basement and the atmosphere was relaxed. The service good. The food excellent. The bill was expensive. I'm looking forward to going back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
shepherdstown wv
“Nice Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A bit off the beaten path, Dutch's Daughter is an event locale, mainly weddings and corporate events. But on Sunday they serve a very nice brunch, with a fine array of breakfast items, including bagels, lox and capers, steamship round carved to perfection and plenty of sides. Save room for dessert!

Visited January 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“dont be deceived by the name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

While visiting Maryland our friends took us to the Dutchs Daughter for dinner. It was a week night so the resturant wasn't crowded at all. We sat in the main dinning room next to the fireplace.
We started with spicy shrimp and spilit a bottle of wine. Next we each enjoyed a cup of the crab soup-this is a must try (amazing) and salads.
For dinner two of our four had crab cakes with crab imperial, one had crab cakes and the other had scallops. Everything was wonderful and worth the money.
However, the prices are on the high side..the dinner above was over $200 dollars. If you aren't up for spending the cash this probably isn't the place to go and truly enjoy a meal

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick
“Overpriced and Not Truly Impressed with Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Ok, I've been to Dutch's Daughter on numerous occasions. I've been for brunch and dinner.

Overall, it's a very nice place to eat. But as for quality of food, I'm not impressed.

The first time I ate there, I had stuffed shrimp and a baked potatos, sorry folks. This potato tasted and looked like one of those potatos you see out of the frozen food section in your local grocer. Sad thing was it actully tasted like it too. Yuck! As for the stuffed shrimp it was ok, but I've had better.

Second time I was there for the brunch. As most people around Frederick rave about the Brunch, I've had better and for about $10.00 less.

Third was for dinner was with a co-worker and my husband one Sunday afternoon. We decided to swing by and have dinner in the Dungeon.

Prime Rib and a crab cake this time. It was ok, but again I think this place is just a bit overpriced for the quality they are serving.

Overall I wouldn't say it was awful food because I've had worse. I just find this place overpriced and the food not worth what they charge. Are you paying for the atmosphere? I think so.

As for service, it was just ok, nothing to write here about.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
frederick
“Mostly good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food is generally very good..There are some dishes below average. Defintely will pay the price for the atmosphere. Prefer seating in the Dungeon and the service is usually better.
Happy hour is very nice and has specials on appetizers and drinks.
We go often at Happy Hour. Also has a smaller portion menu which is good and salads.

• Visited November 2012