“Delicious paella” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 317 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Greek, Tapas
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We welcome you to visit and enjoy our restaurant in downtown historic Frederick located in the Hendrickson Building. We have selected the finest Spanish cuisine complemented with an exclusive wine list. In the heart of historic Frederick, Maryland, Isabella"s has become a favorite destination for local residents and worldwide travelers alike in search of a truly Mediterranean dining experience.
Hampstead, Maryland
“Delicious paella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

A beautiful day for a ride to visit Frederick from Hampstead. I made a reservation (open table) just in case they were crowded on a Saturday. We were greeted and seated instantly. We ordered several tapas and they all came so rapidly. Our main dish was paella a la valenciana. Too bad I was driving I would have loved to order their sangria. There is always next time. I love the food at Isabella's, I will absolutely be back with more friends and someone else to drive.

Taos, New Mexico
“Asparagus "fries" and chiles rellenos on Frederick's foodie strip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Another winner in Frederick's foodie oasis. Lots of seafood, expertly cooked, incorporated into what I suspect are giant-sized tapas, if you go by Spanish standards. As with other tapas places, the bill can add up fast but at Isabella's, this is still a great value. Tiny lapses prevent this from getting five stars, in my view. A delicious deep-fried asparagus appetizer with four large spears standing upright in a wine glass with spicy aioli at the bottom would have benefited from a different presentation, and should have been peeled before cooking -- the ends were a bit too tough to be pleasant. The bar area on a Sunday night was lively, but we wanted to talk, so it would have been nice to be seated a bit further from the action and closer to the working fireplace. These are quibbles; I'd still heartily recommend this as a lovely option, reasonably priced, well served and comfortable.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Smithsburg, Maryland
“Food adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with a date. It is a nice way to spend an evening; sharing tapas with someone you want to get to know. The food is amazing and inspires conversation. There was live music the evening we were there. It was perfect. Perfect ending to a perfect evening.

Visited January 2014
Rockville, Maryland
“Cute n' Tasty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I would give this a 3.5, actually. Easy access, right on the main strip through the quaint part of historic Frederick. Warm and cute inside with a double-sided bar and ok bar staff (we were there during a pub crawl though, so who knows how they are on a normal night). I love a place where you can choose how much to eat/order based on how hungry you are and tapas is perfect for that! While both the red and white sangria were very in-the-box and sweet, some of the tapas dishes here were very good. The bacon dates were YUM, the Iberico ham was succulent, and the fried asparagus was delicious--even if fried things don't strike me as particularly Spanish. Good chorizo. The grilled tomato bread tapa was a bit soggy and flavorless, but the truffled green beans and obligatory patatas bravas were quite good. We went with a veggie friend, so we didn't try very many of the meat dishes. Excellent choices for non-meat eaters. We'll be back soon to try a wider variety of plates. Yum in Frederick!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, MD
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Although no fault of this place but Tapa menu's confuse me. This place has Tapas. I went for HH which is super great. With drink specials they also have FREE food. How can it get any better than that! I would give the free food three stars on quality but hey it's FREE to those participating in HH.

• Visited November 2013