“Great Happy Hour” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 330 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We welcome you to visit and enjoy our restaurant in downtown historic Frederick located in the Hendrickson Building. We have selected the finest Spanish cuisine complemented with an exclusive wine list. In the heart of historic Frederick, Maryland, Isabella"s has become a favorite destination for local residents and worldwide travelers alike in search of a truly Mediterranean dining experience.
Frederick, MD
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Although no fault of this place but Tapa menu's confuse me. This place has Tapas. I went for HH which is super great. With drink specials they also have FREE food. How can it get any better than that! I would give the free food three stars on quality but hey it's FREE to those participating in HH.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Greenbelt, Maryland
“Bad bartender service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I've been coming to Isabella's for years and it's considered a favorite. It was also where my partner and I had our first date so we consider it a special place. On the evening of Thursday, 11/7/13 between 7 and 7:30pm I decided to stop by for a little wine and something light to eat. I often sit at the bar even for meals and chose to again. It was not busy at the bar or in the restaurant. We've always enjoyed great service here but tonight was a distinctly different experience unfortunately. My bartender seemed strangely determined to ignore me even as she was talkative and attentive to the couple next to me. I couldn't figure it out but it was like that the whole time she was there. When I did get service it was perfunctory and even a bit abrupt. Couldn't figure it out but it was really off-putting, especially considering how great things had been in the past. I only ordered wine and some soup but when typically one gets some fresh bread early on for dipping mine came after I'd been eating my soup for some time. I eventually asked for coffee which ended up tasting old and burnt. When my pumpkin pie dessert came, I asked the attendant waiter if he could get me a fresh cup of coffee and he said he would get a fresh pot going asap. However, he either never communicated to the bartender that I needed a fresh cup or she ignored that too. I never could get her attention about getting a fresh cup even though I pushed it away from me and closer to the edge of the bar with a full cup hoping she'd get the hint. Eventually, my first bartender left (average height, dark hair) and my second bartender was much better. I can only hope this isn't the direction the restaurant is going by hiring mediocre staff, especially when the bar in Isabella's is a distinctive part of the restaurant with numerous seating options around it. I was coming here back when there was an amazing bartender/mixologist named Tracy who was one of the reasons we kept coming. She was truly fantastic! Isabella's is the kind of place that really needs an excellent, talented bartending staff. I won't stop going to Isabella's yet but hope to find things changing for the better real soon. I remain hopeful since this place has been so great for so long.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good Food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very good food at this restaurant. We had dinner here. This is a tapas restaurant, so we had several different dishes. Among those, the braised short ribs and the fried goat cheese balls were the best. The menu is very diverse, and offers something for everyone. The vegetarian part of the menu is extensive.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Everything was terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had lunch at Isabella's recently with my sister. She is from out of town and quite a foodie. Everything that we tried was excellent. The goat cheese fritters with the shallot vinaigrette--amazing--wish that there had been at least one more. We split a salad that was fresh and quite satisfying. We shared the special pork and I could not finish my share. My sister happily polished it off! We finished with the yummy ice cream samples. The service was friendly, helpful and professional.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Maybe best if you do a special...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

First time here...There was a 3/$12.99 dinner tapas special but nothing on that menu really called my name especially since everyone said you must get the asparagus and that wasn't included in specal. Two tapas(not grande) and a glass of sangria was $26 before tip. I felt like I could have gotten a regular portion for that at many other places. Yes, the aspargus was fine, the service was good (was told that a tapas I was going to order no one likes, don't get it, so I didn't)and the atmosphere was fine.

• Visited October 2013