“Excellent Lunch!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monocacy Crossing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 330 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Excellent Lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We have eaten here before and have always had a good experience, this late lunch/early dinner visit was no exception. We both had the Filet Medallions wrapped in bacon and served with mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas. Three medallions each and cooked to perfection. Our waitress informed us that their Medium is like other places medium rare, she was correct. My wife couldn't decide which wine she wanted, so our waitress let her try 2 different ones. Very accommodating.

They had redecorated the restaurant since the last time we were there and it was very nicely done. Even improved the WC's. This is a far cry from when the place was a biker bar. I highly recommend this place. Lunches are very reasonable but dinners can be expensive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent food but dismal service make for a awful dining experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

First of, this is not the first time we ate here and we always had good experiences before. Tonight not so much. The food was good, no argument.

The service was bad all around. We were serviced by two waitresses that either competed to get to us first, or were no where to be found. For example, it took me 20 minutes and asking three times to get a second beer. Earlier, service for asking drinks and dinner choices were duplicated by both. It was like being at TGI's or so. The final act was even worse; already annoyed we decided to take a dessert to go. They wrapped it up in a box but only provided half the quantity, hoping we would no notice until later, busted!

Suffice it to say, we skimmed the waitresses on the tip and left very dissatisfied. For the quality and price, you can get many better experiences around town.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Potomac, MD
“Over rated!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We went for lunch and were disappointed after reading the other reviews. Our server described the specials and when we asked the price of the fish special, we were quoted $32. Way out of line with the menu prices. Good thing we asked. My husband ordered fish & chips and the coating was almost burned, and yet the fish was underdone. When we called it to the server's attention, she took it back to the kitchen and returned saying the chef would do it again, but that it would be "just the same". So we declined and ordered the crab cake instead. It was also cooked poorly and suffered from way too much filler. My burger was ordered medium and was closer to rare. In short, the kitchen staff didn't have it together today. Service was ok.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“declining”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

My husband and I used to love Monocacy, The food was innovative and the menu/specials often changing. Now, however, the menu rarely changes, the prices are high for the quality of food, and the surroundings are less than stellar. The restaurant needs a complete make-over including getting rid of the smell of Raid.

Very disappointing of late.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Thank you for making my wife's birthday special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I took my wife to Monocacy Crossing to celebrate her birthday. As requested via "Open Table" we were sat at a very nice corner table for four. However, even better was that the pastry chef called me to say that she could bake and dress a cake just for the occasion. Sure it was an additional $25 bucks, but guys how cool do you think it was when the guy next to me was celebrating his wife's birthday with a slice of cake with candle in it and my lady was greeted by a personalized whole 6 inch cake with candles ...I tell you it was like one of the "Big Johnson" T-shirts, especially when the pastry chef comes out to chat and wish her a happy birthday.

Now for the food: The wait staff recommedned the fresh sockeye salmon tartar. I'm glad she did because it was one of the best things I had ever eaten...so I ordered the sockeye filet...excellent. My wife had the cow filet...also excellent.

The cocktails were excellent...big and strong, and the service superb.

Thank you to all the folks at MC for making htis a very special occasion....And, men...get the cake, your lady will love you for it ;)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere