“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monocacy Crossing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 340 Restaurants in Frederick
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Walkersville, Maryland
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Have been a few times and each time we have enjoyed not only the food but the atmosphere as well. Service is usually quite nice.

Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

A little out of the way but worth the trip. Old style restaurant but the food and service are outstanding. We would like to go back when it is warmer and enjoy the outside area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Germantown Maryland
“Excellent value, excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had dinner on the 13th at Monocacy crossing. The service was great, they understand you are the customer. The food was outstanding. The bread was dense, fresh and tasty. I had the appitezer special, a mixture of crab, shrimp and scallops wrapped in a rissoto that was fried. Rich and full of flavor. My wife had the mussles, incredibly plump in a broth that had us both asking for more bread to sop it up! The main course was not prepared until we were ready, another nice touch that shows these people are professionals. My wife had the steak salad, done perfectly with a goat cheese that made it. I had the filet. I asked for rare and rare is what I got. They gave me a steak knife but honestly it was not needed. Using a bit of effort I could cut it with my fork! Surrounded by creamy mash potatoes and green beans the plate was perfect. I had the the suggested wine, a Freak Show Red. Honestly with a name like Freak Show I had to try it and I was not dissapointed! The total dinner with tip, two glasses of wine was $107. Not cheap but in my mind a real value.

• Visited October 2012
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My fiancé and I just left there. He had the lamb shank; I had the seafood jambalaya with dirty rice. We had shared the scallops as an appetizer. The atmosphere, wait staff, service & food were excellent. The portions are plentiful and the service was fast. We met a very nice couple there who also enjoyed the food very much. The coconut pound cake is to die for! Well worth the price.

“Amazing and Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I have been going here every Valentine's Day for the past 6 years with my boyfriend. I just love it so much. The food is always delicious and the setting is very romantic. If you go, you have to have the duck nachos as an appetizer and the specialty coconut pound cake with Grand Marnier glaze, so good! I also hear the crab cakes are really good.