“Neat and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Amusement
17 attraction reviews
“Neat and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Overall this is a clean and safe Theatre for the whole family. No thrills with the snack bar but prices are pretty steep. Nice I MAX and the best part, afternoon prices and the regal card. If you don't have one get one.

Frederick
260 attraction reviews
“It's OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We came in to see a horror movie one afternoon and the usher let us into the designated theater during the ending of the previous showing so we plopped down in our favorite seats and waited for the next showing. The clean up crew (two guys with a broom) strode in and swept maybe two or three aisles of seats, gave us strange looks, and went out. I explained that we were just waiting for the next showing and that we were told that we could come in. That didn't go over well with the fellows but we stayed. If they were that intent on really cleaning the debris up off of the floor I would have been glad to get up. Overall this building is generally clean if not tidy but I've seen plenty of messes in the ladies' rooms and on the theater floors in the years we've been coming to movies here. Also, they don't ever seem to have enough ticket sellers on hand to help the weekend crowds and lines can quickly back up to beyond the door and outside.

Visited August 2013
New Windsor, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“Stadium Seating Comes to Frederick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

As Trip Advisor members I'm sure you know of the Regal Cinema bonus card package which rewards regular theater goers with great discounts and freebies. Use your card on a Monday and you get a candy discount. I used to call Tuesday 'Free Popcorn Tuesday' as when the program started that's exactly what it was. The bag has shrunk twice in size and the price went to $1 and then to the current $2 which is still a bargain since it retails for $6-$8. But wait, Each time you purchase a movie ticket you get 1 point for each dollar you spend along with 1 point for each dollar you spend at the concessions (ergo 2 points for your $2 Tuesday popcorn). Every time your car registers 40 points a bonus is generated. The first time you get all free popcorn, the second time you get an all free small soda, and the third time you get a free movie ticket, and it continues to rotate back to the popcorn. This program is so much better than the constantly changing AMC program. Now back to the theater review. This place has 16 screens all with stadium seating and one of them with IMAX. They keep it clean and friendly and they show not only the current rage movies but also show some of the better low budget movies. For example I recently saw 'Way Way Back' which I rate one of the best movies I've seen this year and when I talk to my friends most of them haven't even heard of it. If there is one thing bad that I could say about this place it is that the ushers don't walk the aisles. I like to sit in the next to last row on the end seat. I am farsighted so I try to get as far from the screen as I can. I don't sit in the last row as the seats in that row do not recline. I sit in the end seat as with these new longer 2 hour plus movies my old legs tend to cramp up and I stretch them in the aisle. It is a sad commentary on society and their addiction to hand held devices but they absolutely cannot turn them off during a movie no matter how many times they are asked. Add to this the fact that the idiots that like to kick the back of your seat almost always sit in the last row. I have complained about this to management but they have apparently surrendered to the fact that they can do nothing about it. I don't hold this against this theater as this happens in every theater I ever go to. I do drive 11 extra miles to get to this theater as the Regal Theater in Westminster does not have stadium seating.

Visited September 2013