“Basic hotel, cheaper than most in Frederick. Fits your needs” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn Frederick
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7300 Executive Way, Frederick, MD 21704   |
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Winchester, Virginia
“Basic hotel, cheaper than most in Frederick. Fits your needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We just recently stayed at the Comfort Inn for 2 days and overall I am happy with my decision to stay here. As with all my trips I weeded through the reviews of all the hotels in Frederick. 90% of the good hotels here were well over $100 and I couldn't imagine it was worth it. So this hotel caught my eye.

Check in went very smooth, we had a very nice young lady check us in. The lobby was very nice and clean. The hotel does look on the newer side. The area has plenty of shopping and eating options. The parking lot was well lit and safe. The room for the most part was clean. There was some small mold in the bath tub but nothing major. There were some misc. paper beside the fridge and also in the corner that housekeeping had missed but everything else was cleaned. The beds were nice and comfy. The hotel was super quiet, except for when the maids were going through and there was door bangings during this time, but nothing that major. The TV was basic, but had plenty of channels to keep you occupied.

The only issue I had was the "high speed internet". It reminded me more below average dialup. We had a poor connection in Room 220 and lots of dropouts. If you are a business traveler and need internet I would steer clear of this place. When the internet wasn't slow, it wouldn't work altogether. It appears they did have a wired connection which may of been better, but I never tried it. Check out went OK, the clerk seemed more worried about talking on his cell phone then checking me out but he wasn't rude. All in all I would possibly stay here again, the only thing that would make me think twice was the slow internet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

We needed to stay overnight at a hotel and I read reviews of this hotel and chose it based on generally positive comments and the fact that it had a mini-fridge. We were on our way to North Carolina and had beverages/ice packs to cool down and this was a great way to do so. Last year we also stayed in Frederick and it was a good "midway point" on our journey - so we used it again as a starting point to plan the next day's trip.

Arrived late (around 11:30pm) and was warmly greeted and quickly checked in. Ditto during the checkout the following morning around 10am.

We made no use of any luggage trolleys so no opinion. We used the back entrance and the elevator and were on the 3rd floor.

Goods
~ Clean room; comfortable quiet bed
~ Mini-fridge (bonus to have one) and mini-micro if you need it
~ We turned down the A/C and not noisy during the night
~ TV worked well
~ Bathroom nice; believe i remembered that it had a nice shower head
~ Saw who I think might have been a manager (or higher) in the corner office and stated we had a great stay - she replied 'tell all your friends and family" - a good up-sell. Chuckle.
~ Hotel was nicely located near the highway and we didn't hear any noise in the morning from it while in the room.
~ Good range of breakfast treats - the kids had some danishes and I just had a hardboiled egg; juices and coffee flowing. Quite a lot of people in the eating area around 9amish. We left around 10:00 or so - and although a majority of the stuff had been put away (and continuing to be put away) I still was able to grab a coffee.
~ Maids were quietly working in the AM when we were leaving
~ Overhead cover in front of the lobby (in case it rains)
~ Inner corridors

Bads
~ Wifi was average (b/g) network (of three Comfort Inns I have stayed at in recent years, this was the only one with b/g and not N wireless standard); mostly adequate for my needs and not a show stopper
~ Elevator a bit slow
~ Weird odor near the elevator area

Last year (no review created) - we stayed at a higher end hotel in Frederick and as a result had "no breakfast"; "no coffee" (had to buy it at Starbucks - I just want a cup or two and not interested in something fancy); and had to buy ice to cool down our beverages for the long trip ahead. ie not only spent more money for the luxury but had to spend more money once we left the hotel. THIS HOTEL offered all of the above plus we paid less.

It fit the bill overall and we would gladly return next time when passing through Frederick MD and/or consider it if we are doing anything local. (ie Hagerstown outlet malls).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

OK walked into room and a lamp was broken and the TV remote was missing.
We tried to do some laundry in the machines provided but the front desk couldn't
make change for quarters. Next surprise was the clogged/slow tub drain.
Anyone other than the first person in the shower stood in ankle deep water.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
State College, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

We landed here by accident- we were trying to drive home from the airport and just got too tired to continue. I knew nothing about the hotel, and was pleasantly surprised by what I found. The staff was pleasant, the room was clean and spacious. I thought it was quiet, but my husband was woken up by people in the hallway at 2 AM. The workout room is very basic, with older equipment, but did the trick. The breakfast was standard for a Comfort Inn. No pool, the parking area was easily accessible and seemed safe. Basically this is a better than average Comfort Inn, nothing to go out of your way to find, but decent and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta,ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

-came for family event, it became very pleasurable experience.
-rooms were really clean&spacious,and happy with their service.
-great value for money
-enjoyable experience with kids

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

Have been to Frederick on and off to meet relatives. I find this place the best value for money. The hotel is very cozy and the rooms are extremely spacious.

I have throughly enjoyed my stay here all the time.

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful .

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

With advanced reservations we arrived and the coffee pot was broken. Never did get another. After 3 hrs or better the room was still cold. The front desk offered another room which was freezing. The least they could have done was heated it up before we arrived. We stayed in the original room. Mildew around the tub!!! No ice on the 3 rd floor as the brochure stated. Went for breakfast and the person that was to put it out had not showed up!! Later the front desk person put the food out. Spills and stains in the room behind the microwave. We were not impressed.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!