“Breakfast Service/Non Smoking Rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Comfort Inn Frederick
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7300 Executive Way, Frederick, MD 21704   |
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Rahway, New Jersey
“Breakfast Service/Non Smoking Rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

As noted in previous reviews very little hot food was put out in any given time. When we stayed there the visiting baseball team was also staying there. There was only 2-3 egg discs and sausage and they were cold. Those young men need more food than that. While eating this breakfast the manager was telling the maid staff to deodorize the nonsmoking rooms since he put smoking guests in them. What about those of us who want a true non-smoking room? I spoke to the manager about these issue and he became very defensive. I guess he truly doesn't care after I said I was submitting a review on trip advisor.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Comfort Inn – Frederick, MD
Older hotel which could use some updating in regards to the outside appearance; however, the hotel is quiet, and comfortable. The location is good with numerous shopping and restaurants nearby. The rooms are a nice size and does contain a mini-fridge and microwave; however, there was a stale odor when I first enter the room but it disappeared when I ran the room heating and air conditioning system. I found a ball of hair on the carpet next to the bed which I did not move. Five days later when I checked out, the hair was still there. The bathroom was large and spacious but needed a more thorough cleaning. There was mildew on the caulking around the top of the tub and the water faucet into the tub was about to fall off. I used the shower which had very good pressure so the faucet did not impact me. The towel shelf above the toilet was at a precarious angle and gave the impression the towels could fall into the toilet at any moment. Housekeeping came into the room every day (I could tell because they left the curtains open) but the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion was never replenished along with the coffee packets. Breakfast was free every morning but was sparse. The eggs and sausage was empty most of the time and the OJ was more water than juice. Coffee was served 7 x 24 in the breakfast area but was only warm in the evenings and at night. I used the microwave in my room to heat it up. All in all, you get what you pay for. This was a moderately priced hotel. If I HAD to, I would stay here again but only if there was nothing else available.
Pros:
Location
Quiet and comfortable
Large room
Rooms contains mini-fridge and microwave
Shower had good water pressure
Moderately priced

Cons:
Outdated outside appearance
Room had stale odor
Needs more attention to cleaning (especially bathroom)
Housekeeping staff not replenishing service items
Mediocre breakfast (Frequently out of items and watery OJ)
Coffee only warm in evening and at night
Slow internet speed. Less than 1.2 Mpbs average.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is your average hotel. Stop overnight on our way from Michigan to Virginia Beach Virginia just couldn't make the rest of the long drive. Breakfast was very good. Staff was outstanding. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Oakville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015 via mobile

We stay here numerous times throughout the year as it's the halfway point to our destination. It will take a pet. It's close and easy to the highway. It is near gas and a choice of restaurants. The room has everything you would expect. The Internet connection is good. The bed is comfortable. But, sigh, the bathroom tub won't drain so you stand in water to shower. The breakfast is late and they only put out a bit so workers staying there clean it out and you wait for a refill. The front desk person talked loudly in Spanish to a worker all the time we're having breakfast instead of turning on the TV so we could get the weather report. They never can find my points number so I have to phone to have them added and this time he kept my credit card and I had to return to get it. Really! I wish they'd get their act together because I don't want to have to look elsewhere.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

this hotel was a blessing, we were on our way back home and we got stuck in a snowstorm, saw the comfort inn sign and went there, the man on the desk was so helpful and understanding, check in was quick and fast, he also told us that food deliveries were not happening due to the weather but did tell us the gas station next door made subs and boy were they good , hit the spot, the room was warm and the beds comfortable, no breakfast in the am , he told us the lady that does the breakfast had an accident on her way,to work , hope she is ok, all and all i would come back again ty cofort inn in fredrick MD

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Cornwall, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2015

Very large clean room with comfortable beds, quiet, easy location close to I95 and right across from a plaza with numerous dining options and a theatre. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Well priced.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

The hotel was clean, quiet, and good location. What made this hotel stay unique is the staff, Adrijana went above and beyond to assist me with my needs and is friendly. My thanks to her for making me feel welcome.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Frederick? Share your experiences!