“Just another average buffet” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #184 of 330 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Chinese
Frederick, MD
“Just another average buffet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I really don't care for Asian buffets. DH wanted to go with friends, so I went.

Same typical foods, over oiled, and just blah.

Visited November 2013

Frederick
“Recommended for Buffet Lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We visited here on Valentine's Day and were not disappointed. The dining areas and food stations are large, well tended and easy to navigate. The decor is nice too, with a "waterfall" lit by blue lights as you enter. It's very inviting. I ate too much because I wanted to try everything, which is impossible in one visit. They have multiple desserts and a full ice cream freezer as well. This is one place where we didn't even look at the price before deciding to go. It was about $23 for both of us that night. Also, the server was very good about clearing plates and refilling drinks.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“Lots of food....but most of it was cold”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I visited at about 11:15 am and it was just starting to get a lunch crowd...and was seated right away. The overall atmosphere is a typical buffet...average size for the area with a sushi type bar and grill (however...not flaming like the name indicates) to have a pick of your own items to have grilled. Basically it's a flat iron grill.

As for the buffet food, there was a fair amount to chose from so I chose little bits of a lot of things. 90% of what I got was not at the proper temperature...most of it was room temperature (which wasn't warm at all). I even dug to the bottom of the steam table to get to the part that should have been warm. So basically, I didn't eat any of it except for a bite of each thing that was not at the proper temperature. I then wandered up to the grill and filled a plate full of this and that to grill like I would at any other sort of grill, but found only garlic and hot pepper and no other type of sauce to add...so this was pretty awful, and after it was cooked, tasted about like what I would have expected...like a mosh of food with garlic and hot pepper and no other sauce to add. Blah!!!! I've had much better nearly everywhere else.

Deserts were okay...pre-made cakes and stuff....novelty ice cream but nothing special there. Would I go back? No...not even with a coupon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Not the usual asian buffet -”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The cleanliness of the restaurant is the first difference that you notice walking inside. They have an excellent variety of food that has both the normal fare and some unusual additions. The sushi bar and hibachi grill add to the culinary diversity. The fresh, neat food buffets are arranged attractively and conveniently. The dishes were all well prepared with distinct, unique flavoring. We have experienced buffets where the individual foods' flavors seem to have mingled into one. The staff are very attentive and friendly. We decided to try this new restaurant although we are not buffet fans. We will return to Flaming Grill and Buffet despite the buffet style.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Looking for somewhere to eat for dinner, we were trying to decide on Red Lobster, Outback, Ruby Tuesday or Flaming Grill & Buffet. We decided to try something we've never had before and we're so glad we did. Flaming Grill offers a wide variety of food, sure to please everyone. We ate so much, we could barely move. Delicious food, fantastic service, inexpensive, clean and a pretty restaurant. Wish there were one close to where we live. We'll definitely eat here again when we're back in the area. Highly recommend!

• Visited September 2013