“Good beer and tour” 4 of 5 stars

California
84 attraction reviews
“Good beer and tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Interesting and informative tour. Friendly staff.

They have lots of good beers. I liked the creative labels and names of the beers.

Frederick, Maryland
11 attraction reviews
“Check out the brewery's events for a memorable visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Seen one brewery tour? You’ve seen them all. But Flying Dog offers special events, such as “Brewhouse Rarities Release Parties,” held the second Tuesday of the month. $5 for 5 tastes and a souvenir glass. Check the website for information. Set in a business park, hops grow up the side of the building. The there’s a patio off the tasting room, and a gift shop with all the standard merch. No food sales, but AKA Friscos (outstanding sandwiches and salads) is just a few hundred yards past the brewery.

Bellmawr, New Jersey
56 attraction reviews
“Tour of Flying Dog Brewery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I Took a tour of the Flying Dog brewery while I was passing through Frederick MD.

You must book a tour in advance. When you get to the Brewery must show ID and pay the $5.00 fee which gets you a Flying Dog glass for yours to keep

The tour takes you through brewery. The day I went nobody was working in the brewery.

After the tour you get to taste 5 samples of Flying Dog beer.

Salisbury, Maryland
32 attraction reviews
“We want to drink beer, LET US DRINK BEER!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stopped here with an empty growler on a trip to Harper's Ferry the other day. I've seen enough stainless tanks and warehouses in our brewery travels, so we just stopped in to try the beers and fill a growler. The one gal informed me that the only way we could try samples is if we had signed up for the five dollar tour in advance. The next guy saw the look on my face, and told me that they had some cancellations for the 6:30 tour, and I explained to him that we just stopped in to top off the growler and maybe sample a couple of pints. Unfortunately due to stupid Frederick County legislation they're still unable to serve pints. He took pity on us and let us try a couple of samples so we could pick one out to fill our growler. It seems like every microbrewery we visit has some stupid laws or rules to deal with that always make it an inconvenience on their customer. Thanks for the beer, really dug the Horn Dog!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
14 attraction reviews
“Interesting Tour and Great Tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I can't believe I'm the first person to write a review for Flying Dog's Frederick location on TripAdvisor. I just went on the tour about a week ago and had a great time. If you like craft beer and are in the Frederick area, you can't go wrong with a visit to Flying Dog.

Tours are $5 and include a Flying Dog glass to take home and a tasting at the end of the tour. You have to schedule your visit ahead of time through a link on their website. I would recommend signing up as early as possible as their tours all seem to fill up. The tour we went on was great, there was a lot to see and they even had us sample beer at different stages of production throughout the tour. Our guide was also very knowledgeable and friendly.

The tasting after the tour was a lot of fun. The admission price for the tour gets you a bracelet with five tabs on it. There are more than a dozen Flying Dog beers on tap and you choose which ones you're interested in, trading a tab on your bracelet for a good-sized tasting of your selection. They have some interesting beers on tap that you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else.

Overall, it was a great visit. I'm really glad I went, and would definitely recommend a visit to any craft beer fans who find themselves in Frederick!

Visited July 2013