“Great brisket lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great brisket lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

First timer at Dickey's BBQ and I am glad I stopped in. Stopped here during USA World Cup match and the game was being played on two TVs. The brisket was very tasty and the sides were good as well. Would recommend if in the Frederick area for lunch.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Frederick, Maryland
“Great Tasting Brisket!! One of the best I've had!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Soo I got the brisket and it was amazingly moist and tasty...except it was somewhat not warm when I was eating it and I'll tell you why. They had their meat kind of saran wrapped until needed. Now with BBQ you can't have it sitting under a heart lamp and you can't do much to keep it warm unless you go eat at a place when it's busy. They weren't busy... I know that if I did go when it was busy the meat would have been super fresh and warm. I'm def not knocking the place but I wish the brisket was warmer...some parts were almost cold but I understand the issue with BBQ and keeping it warm when there isn't much turnover to the meat. I'll go back when it's busier and see how it is....I would say it is promising! I say all that to say that I hope others will try it out because the meat had great flavor and the BBQ were good as well...but they were almost too hot as they were sitting in a hot plate of sorts. I would change that part of it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Union Bridge, Maryland
“Not so good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I love barbeque. This place looked like it had promise. It's part of the Dickey's chain. I've never been to one of their restaurants before. After my first visit, there won't be another. I had high expectations, but this place did not deliver. The beef brisket was average. The pork was so moist from their steam table that the flavor was overwhelmed - which means it didn't have any flavor. The cole slaw tasted store bought, which isn't a good thing. Then we get to the instant mashed potatoes - INSTANT MASHED POTATOES. Come on man! They covered them in cheese and sour cream, but they were still instant mashed potatoes. The sauces that they had for the meat were all not special an any way. They gave us a roll with putter smeared on top, but the roll was just like any role you can but at the grocery store. Nothing special. The good parts were the big plastic cups they give you, the sweet team and the ice - yes, the ice. It came out of the machine like pellets which I really like. Other than the picture on the wall of Ronald Reagan that was all that was good about the restaurant. This place gives chain restaurants a bad name. Try some other place for barbeque in Frederick and pass on Dickey's.

• Visited August 2013