“Best rotisserie chicken in Frederick” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 330 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Peruvian
Maryland
“Best rotisserie chicken in Frederick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This little hole in the wall is a hidden gem. Don't let the outside or the surroundings deter you from trying this place out. Menu selections are plentiful and portions are huge. The chicken is melt in your mouth cooked to perfection. The chicken gyro is packed full of meat and great flavors. The ultimate mix grill is enough food for two adults to share. They are quick and efficient. Definitely worth taking the time to try this place out.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Frederick, Maryland
“Best Chicken in Frederick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

If you are in the mood for chicken and happen to be in Frederick, Sardis is hands-down the place for you. The quick service and great options for sides are the perfect complement to the perfectly cooked bird! The jalapeño sauce (one of three options) is my favorite side sauce to go with the chicken. Be sure to grab a slice of deliciously moist tres leches cake for desert. Do not pass this place up!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MD
“Awesome food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We fell in love with their food and have been back several times. As others have said there isn't a lot in ambiance, but the service, food and portions are outstanding. We order carryout and generally get 1 whole chicken, Rice & Beans, Fried Plantain and Arroz Chaufa (Peruvian fried rice). The chicken is moist and very flavorful on its own, but they also give you little containers of sauce that varies from mild to very hot. Delicious!
We get 5 servings from their generous portions. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited July 2013
Washington, Pennsylvania
“So much more than just chicken!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this place. A co-worker of mine is from Peru and he took me one day for a working lunch to this hole-in-the-wall hidden gem. The rotisserie chicken smelled heavenly, but as I am not one for chicken on a bone but always up to try new foods, I was greatly surprised to find a large menu of Peruvian favorites. I ordered the Lomo Saltado (steak with onions, peppers, tomatoes, rice and french fries) and have never looked back. He ordered the same and assured me that it was as good as anything his family makes at home! They offer a variety of sides and they don't skimp on the portions. The fried plantains are one of my favorites and they are always fried just right to the point of caramelization. The salchipapas (cut up hot dogs and french fries) is a Peruvian street food that is just comforting. Another friend of mine is married to a Peruvian and prides herself on her Huacaina sauce (a yellow sauce made with peppers and queso blanco) and she even gave theirs her stamp of approval (but of course it's not as good as hers :) This sauce is usually served over potatoes and although it is not on their menu they were happy to make it for us. I moved away from Frederick a few years ago, but I have driven hours to go back and to eat at Sardi's.

• Visited May 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“What a secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Wow, this place is amazing! I was in Frederick on an extended business trip. We were near the end of our stay when a collegue took us there for lunch. The aroma of the food is sooo good that you can hardly wait to taste the food...and it does not disappoint! We went one day and I ordered the pork chop lunch special, others in our party ordered a variety of other dishes (gyros,chicken), all were very pleased. Some of the luch special came with a drink and it was still under $10.00. One collegue ordered the plantain. We had all had it before but were blown away by it's remarkable taste! Without exception, WE ALL walked out with an order of plantain! The food was sooo good that we ALL went back to Sardis again...solo. When in Frederick or parts nearby, do not pass on an opportunity to check this place out. Although the place was packed during lunch, I'm so sure it's a secret, because if more people knew about it, there would be standing room only! I (and my collegues) highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2013