“Hurray! A restaurant in Frederick to love!” 5 of 5 stars

240 651 5155
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ayse Meze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 331 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Greek, Lebanese, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Patrick and North East
“Hurray! A restaurant in Frederick to love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've lived in the area for almost 2 years and have been very dissappointed with local food- until now! Terrific mezza, reasonably priced. Pleasant atmosphere, terrific waiter. Lots of vegetarian options. Full bar, decent beer selection. Hold the door open, I'm coming back!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Frederick, MD
“Outstanding Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Visited this wonderful restaurant again for lunch. Awesome specials and delicious food. My wife and I just love this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, md
“Generally Enjoyable, Last Night Was a Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We enjoy Ayse Meze. The menu is terrific and varied. The cheese flambe is unique and very delicious. This summer we have dined on the patio and listened to live music -- definitely a treat in downtown Frederick.

Last night we went for dessert. The restaurant was very busy. The waitress ignored us and made up excuses, including blaming the kitchen, for taking an hour to get us ice cream and cake for four people. The wait staff kept bringing us dishes we did not order. They need to get their act together.

We will be back next weekend. The wait staff is generally very attentive and last night was an exception (we hope!).

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Outstanding - Variety of Unusual Flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Thanks go to my friends who, based on their previous visits, brought me here. I now know the answer to the question "How do you turn brussel sprouts into a memorable highlight?" Answer: eat here. The brüksel lahanası elevated a routine side dish into a flavor packed interesting and memorable dining choose; for $8.00. This success was repeated over and over as the ten of us dined on meze portions on a Wednesday evening in the large and formally furnished dining room. The preparation and flavors all seemed to have creative twists.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Horrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went with a group of 12 women for a bridal/bachelorette dinner. We were seated on the patio. Drink orders came out in a fairly timely manner, initially. We waited for a very long time for the first courses to come out. They brought no plates, silverware or napkins. When we requested flatware, a server literally dumped a pile of forks and knives in front of the guest of honor on the table. I could not believe it. We then went and retrieved our own napkins and remaining flatware from the waitress station. The food came out VERY slowly. After two hours a few of the women still did not have some of their entrees, (filet mignon does not take hours to prepare) and ultimately we cancelled that portion as we were ready to leave. I have been to many restaurants over the years and I have to say this is the poorest service I have ever had. We were a very patient group, but were extremely dissapointed. I will say the food was great but I would not return, nor recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere