“Delicious Mediterranean Food in a Pretty Setting” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek, Lebanese, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious Mediterranean Food in a Pretty Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Recently visited a second time and enjoyed even more than the first. Very pretty room, excellent choices and so many of them. This time the service was really good, the first time very slow. I would love to return in spring to sit outside on the patio. There were six of us and we each ordered two dishes and had food leftover. Everything we had was delicious. My only complaint this visit was that they had a sax player (brunch) who played well but it was too loud. Very very nice experience, and I will return. You can't get tired of this menu as it is so large and varied!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Frederick, MD
“Outstanding Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Visited this wonderful restaurant again for lunch. Awesome specials and delicious food. My wife and I just love this place.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Outstanding - Variety of Unusual Flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Thanks go to my friends who, based on their previous visits, brought me here. I now know the answer to the question "How do you turn brussel sprouts into a memorable highlight?" Answer: eat here. The brüksel lahanası elevated a routine side dish into a flavor packed interesting and memorable dining choose; for $8.00. This success was repeated over and over as the ten of us dined on meze portions on a Wednesday evening in the large and formally furnished dining room. The preparation and flavors all seemed to have creative twists.

Rockville, Maryland
“Mediterranean at its BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was at Ayse with a group of friends. I would recommend to anyone interested in Mediterranean cuisine. Everything we tasted was delicious. Many options with great flavors. The dip sampler was delicious, Pita with turkish sausage was delicious, brussel sprouts, lahmacun, and please finish off with a real Baklava and ice-cream.

Frederick, Maryland
“Confusing menu options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Decided to try Ayse with two other friends for a "Girl's Night Out." I was not in the mood to order lots of different plates of things. Maybe just a few appetizers before dinner so perhaps this was not the place for me. The waitress, although nice, did not explain the menu in a way that helped me know what to order based on my questions. Be prepared to spend a fair amount of time reading and interpreting the long and slightly confusing menu options.

In all honesty, I mentioned that I was cutting back on bread and dairy in my diet. I asked for something with chicken. She recommended a thing called a "Pina" or something like that, and I was under the impression that it would be a skewer or a kabob type piece of meat by the way she explained it to me. OK...what was set before me was a black sesame seed bagel looking long roll with what looked like cream of chicken soup inside of it with cheese and water cress on top. Huh?! It was the opposite of what I had imagined plus it was not worth the price of an entree!

However, the sampler of dips and pita was very tasty. Picture ice cream scoop sized portions of baba ganoush, hummus, etc.on a glass plate. I know that this place thrives on "fresh" food so I suggest that you try to zoom in on that once you figure out what is offered as such on the menu.

Nice atmosphere with lots of Mediterranean blue decorations but our water was served in plastic cups. Again, decreased my image and thus, the Average 3 star rating. I would go back here with someone who knows the menu and who is footing the bill.:) If you are not an a la carte, tapas, pay by the plate and share your food kind of person, this is not the place for you.

Also, the portions seemed small for the price. My friend ordered a "Greek salad" for $8.00 which was about 3/4 of a cup of shredded Romaine with onions tomatoes and feta. That's it. Again, appetizer looking; fresh but small-ish. Good homemade dressing, of course, but it was disappointing. Some olives would have made it more appealing and worth the value.

I do think their bar scene looks nice and the atmosphere seems open and friendly there.

• Visited June 2013