“Another great restaurant in Frederick” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 320 restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Greek, Lebanese, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Another great restaurant in Frederick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been to Ayse Meze several times now and each time I have experienced high quality food and service. The food is served Meze style (small portions) which arrive rapid fire and occasionally " on fire " like the flaming cheese (highly recommend!). Although Mediterranean is the advertised cuisine most dishes arrive with the unmistakable influence of Turkish spices and twists. this is not a bad thing. whats good? everything pretty much...with the exception of the clams casino. not a fan. try the brussel sprouts, skewers and marinated olives and get adventurius from there. you wont go wrong. The restaurant has modified its wine selection (for the better) and there are good quality wines for reasonable prices. It's fun, nice casual and the staff is very welcoming and accommodating. Patio is a great place to listen to music enjoy a cocktail and unwind. Another great addition to the doing scene in downtown Frederick!

• Visited May 2013

80% Recommend
South Berwick, Me
“Awesome food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went to this place with my husband and son. Beautiful place and a great atmosphere. The food is like Tapas style. Our waiter was excellent. He explained the food to us and make some recommendation. The crispy Turkish cigar ( don't worry it is not a real cigar) and meat meze was delicious. We also had their special of the day fish fresh and moist and excellent too. Also try their Turkish pizza and their dips. Highly recommend for the food and service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love the meze”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Road trip took us to Ayse with a last minute reservation on Open Table for early Saturday night. Ate too much--brussel sprouts, cigars, mushrooms, zucchini fritters, shrimp, skewers of lamb and chicken. Took home dessert! Pretty much everything was delicious and well presented. Very small tables require lots of staff to clear plates; and while the wait staff encourages us to order dishes in sequence instead of all at once, it slows the service when the restaurant is busy (as it is on a Saturday night). We've eaten at Jaleo in Bethesda many times (also small plates) but the tables are larger and the order of service is more efficient so the service just works better. Would have loved to sit outside if the weather was warmer--very well spaced tables and it wouldn't be as loud as it is inside when the restaurant is full because there is no sound absorbing material.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“From a vegetarian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I often patron Mediterranean restaurants because I can find more than once menu item I can eat. The spinach pie, zucchini fritters, and falafel were awesome. It was a little odd that every single dessert (maybe besides a fruit sorbet) had nuts in them. As someone with a severe nut allergy, I was exempt from an entire course. Not ALL Greek desserts have walnuts or almonds.

The server was very nice, but he was so busy that he forgot to enter a few things I ordered. Really wasn't a big deal. I'll definitely go back when I'm in Frederick.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodboro Maryland
“Very nice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

AYSE, pronounced “Eye-ShĀ”. This restaurant is new in town and what a nice addition it is to our already eclectic assemblage of good dinning. We recommend this restaurant for a variety of reasons.
• A strong emphasis on the Mediterranean theme, not just a slight undertone. The wine list is arranged by region, Lebanese, Greek, Turkish, etc. Dinning here is like a tour of the Mediterranean itself.
• The wait staff has a genuine interest in the food. Very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining the menu. Good at making recommendations. Very Professional!
• The Food is Delicious! I highly recommend the Brussels sprouts. Best I’ve ever had. We also had the zucchini cakes. Absolutely divine. I could eat a dozen of them for dinner and die with a smile on my face. My Wife had the spanakopita and I tried the Mossaka (sp?). Both dishes were tasty. It is obvious that the cook and his team are striving for perfection in the kitchen.
• Ambiance is nice. Busy and Bustling. If you are looking for a quiet restaurant for romance. This may not be the best place. If you want good food at a reasonable price. Here it is!
• Try the flaming cheese dish. Yumm-O
• While eating, on a busy Friday night, even the Manager came over to ask how things were going. He took some plates and thanked us for trying the restaurant. A nice touch. I rarely have the manager talk to us with no reason at all.
Overall, a great experience. We can’t wait to go back.

• Visited March 2013