“Really Nice For an Average Hotel Chain” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 21 hotels in Frederick
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Really Nice For an Average Hotel Chain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This place is really nice. It is brand new. It is fairly trendy and looks really nice. There are TVs built into dining booths for breakfast, pool table in a private room, nice pool, area to lay out outside, cool fire pit and 2 really nice grills outside. The rooms are really nice. Bedding was great for a Marriott. The bathroom was nice and clean and new, felt like home really. The Kitchen is nice with stainless steel appliances.

The location is great. There really are no hotels in downtown; they are all right next to each other in this area. This place is right next to this outdoor mall area that is huge and has everything you might need. It’s maybe a 10 minute drive, but really not bad and central off 270 and 70.

I stayed here with my sister and we had a great weekend. We have traveled the world and stayed in the top hotels around the world, so needless to say we are kind of hotel snobs. When we travel to towns like Frederick, we typically try to stay in a B&B so we are not disappointed by some middle of the road chain hotel. There was no availability in a B&B on this trip but we were pleasantly surprised. We brought our own sheets expecting the bedding to feel like "paper" but didn’t even end up using ours and used the hotels instead since they were really decent and beds were comfortable. We stayed in a queen room and it had a nice little kitchen, 2 queen beds, a chair in the corner, a 32 in tv (a little on the small side but ok none the less), Direct TV with guide and remote liek you would have at home, dining table for 4, 1 sink in bathroom (would like 2). Decent towels, Big walk in closet that you can access from a door in the kitchen or thorough the bathroom (you can walk straight through).

Breakfast was decent for a standard continental breakfast. They had hot pot of oatmeal, waffle machine, cereal bars, bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs, fruit, and yogurt. Sure I would like to see a hot meal, but for a standard breakfast, they do it well. Fresh coffee is available 24/7. They have a great little market to buy snacks and drinks, many of which are made locally which is cool.

I was pleased by the fact that while waiting for the elevator, the music they were playing was actually good, modern music, not cheesy elevator jazz.

Really, all in all this is a really great hotel of the value. I would absolutely not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very much enjoyed everything about my stay here. I called in about a week before to see if it would be possible to leave my bags with them while I went into DC for one night and they were happy to accommodate me. When I dropped off my bag on the way through, they gave my husband a cup of coffee for the road too!

The next night when we checked in, they took the time to talk with us about restaurants in the area and the weather for the days coming up and gave us a list of things to do in the area. Over all FANTASTIC staff.

The room was very clean and spacious when we got up there. I was initially a little concerned about our proximity to the elevator, but the walls were thick enough that the only place I got any outside noise was through the crack under the door (and that was largely noise from our floor mates)

The only complaint I have about the whole experience was the toilets: they were the water-saver variety that flushes like a jet taking off. After the first night I slept through it just fine, but the first few times I kept waking up thinking something was coming through the roof. Minor, but alarming.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, if you can. The sound of the high powered toilets is a little strange.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenpool, Oklahoma, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

It's a little hard to find--don't trust your GPS! But once you are there, it's worth the hassle. Excellent service. Rooms were nice and clean--we were there on a Friday night so still very busy. the breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold foods. We were just sleeping there before moving on so didn't try out anything else. It had the space that we needed for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, New York, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got there late around 9:00 due to lot of heavy rain. We were hoping for a room but limited rooms available. Two ladies at the front desk were so helpful and willing to make phone calls to help us find a room elsewhere.They went out of the way to help us.. We felt so honored. They deserve a recognition! In the end, the two ladies helped us to find a room at the hotel and it was a very nice room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We checked in on a Tuesday for business (1 night stay). The front staff were great and extremely helpful. The rooms appeared clean, but did have a bit of a musty smell. Not sure if this is due to the policy of allowing pets or just that it is a busy hotel. The hotel seems to be packed with groups of business travelers, which made breakfast a bit busy. The elevator floors were extremely dirty, but the halls and common areas were clean. The hallways on the upper floors of the hotel were very warm. Not sure if the AC was not set right or if they generally keep them hot. The ac did a good job in keeping the room cool and the kitchen area was clean. Also enjoyed the large table for getting work done at night. There were plenty of plugs for the computer and phone. Overall this seemed to be a great hotel if you are passing through on business. It is also right across the street from a great shopping center with many food choices as well as movie theater.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was so surprised with this place, it seems brand spanking new. Everything looks wonderful. My room had a kitchenette, huge TV with a nice laminated channel guide, a massive frame-less shower of heavy glass, and the best pillows!! I LOVE soft squishy pillows and the duvet cover was super comfy too! Room temp was easy to control and quiet! I slept so well.
Super clean, the people were super nice - one of the best experiences ever!!!!

Room Tip: My room actually faced the front - where the steet is, and it was very quiet!! I don't think yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pittsford, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My family needed a one-night stay in Frederick, MD over Easter. I searched the internet, and most hotels that could accommodate a family with two teens were very expensive. Then I noticed the Marriott TownePlace Suites - I never heard of them before.
So I called up, and the very friendly woman who answered the phone said that they could accommodate us, even if it was for just one night. As I understand it, it's difficult to book a short stay in an extended stay hotel far in advance. But if there is last minute availability, then they try to fill the rooms.
Our suite had 2 king bedrooms, 2 full baths, a living room with pull-out queen bed, a dining area with table and 4 chairs, and a very compact kitchen filled with everything you need for an extended stay! The suite was spacious! The beds were comfy, and the towels were plush. The TV's were brand new, and there were plenty of outlets for cell phones, computers, and iPads.
The hotel itself just opened in October 2012, so everything was in great shape. It's a "green" hotel, so the swimming pool is salt-water (no, the water isn't green but we didn't get a chance to try it out!). The common areas are neat, clean, and spacious. The free breakfast would have been better if there were some hot offerings like eggs or sausage.
The location was difficult for my Garmin to locate, as it's a brand new street. It looks like there are plenty of shopping and dining options nearby.
Lastly, this review would not be complete unless I commented about the wonderful breakfast lady named Ida. I don't think I ever met anyone as conscientious, caring, and helpful in any hotel I've ever visited! She took pride in making sure that everything was PERFECT, helping carry items for us, striking up engaging conversation, politely correcting children and asking them to use the utensils and not their fingers (YES!), bringing extra coffee to the table, and smiling the whole time! We'd go back just to spend some more time with her!
And we'd definitely try to stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites by Marriott Frederick? Share your experiences!