“Very nice place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Charleston, West Virginia
“Very nice place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very much enjoyed everything about my stay here. I called in about a week before to see if it would be possible to leave my bags with them while I went into DC for one night and they were happy to accommodate me. When I dropped off my bag on the way through, they gave my husband a cup of coffee for the road too!

The next night when we checked in, they took the time to talk with us about restaurants in the area and the weather for the days coming up and gave us a list of things to do in the area. Over all FANTASTIC staff.

The room was very clean and spacious when we got up there. I was initially a little concerned about our proximity to the elevator, but the walls were thick enough that the only place I got any outside noise was through the crack under the door (and that was largely noise from our floor mates)

The only complaint I have about the whole experience was the toilets: they were the water-saver variety that flushes like a jet taking off. After the first night I slept through it just fine, but the first few times I kept waking up thinking something was coming through the roof. Minor, but alarming.

Room Tip: Get a high floor, if you can. The sound of the high powered toilets is a little strange.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sasha S

Glenpool, Oklahoma, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

It's a little hard to find--don't trust your GPS! But once you are there, it's worth the hassle. Excellent service. Rooms were nice and clean--we were there on a Friday night so still very busy. the breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold foods. We were just sleeping there before moving on so didn't try out anything else. It had the space that we needed for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Rochester, New York, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got there late around 9:00 due to lot of heavy rain. We were hoping for a room but limited rooms available. Two ladies at the front desk were so helpful and willing to make phone calls to help us find a room elsewhere.They went out of the way to help us.. We felt so honored. They deserve a recognition! In the end, the two ladies helped us to find a room at the hotel and it was a very nice room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank M00se1976
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We checked in on a Tuesday for business (1 night stay). The front staff were great and extremely helpful. The rooms appeared clean, but did have a bit of a musty smell. Not sure if this is due to the policy of allowing pets or just that it is a busy hotel. The hotel seems to be packed with groups of business travelers, which made breakfast a bit busy. The elevator floors were extremely dirty, but the halls and common areas were clean. The hallways on the upper floors of the hotel were very warm. Not sure if the AC was not set right or if they generally keep them hot. The ac did a good job in keeping the room cool and the kitchen area was clean. Also enjoyed the large table for getting work done at night. There were plenty of plugs for the computer and phone. Overall this seemed to be a great hotel if you are passing through on business. It is also right across the street from a great shopping center with many food choices as well as movie theater.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GBMDCPA
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was so surprised with this place, it seems brand spanking new. Everything looks wonderful. My room had a kitchenette, huge TV with a nice laminated channel guide, a massive frame-less shower of heavy glass, and the best pillows!! I LOVE soft squishy pillows and the duvet cover was super comfy too! Room temp was easy to control and quiet! I slept so well.
Super clean, the people were super nice - one of the best experiences ever!!!!

Room Tip: My room actually faced the front - where the steet is, and it was very quiet!! I don't think yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kelly M
Pittsford, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My family needed a one-night stay in Frederick, MD over Easter. I searched the internet, and most hotels that could accommodate a family with two teens were very expensive. Then I noticed the Marriott TownePlace Suites - I never heard of them before.
So I called up, and the very friendly woman who answered the phone said that they could accommodate us, even if it was for just one night. As I understand it, it's difficult to book a short stay in an extended stay hotel far in advance. But if there is last minute availability, then they try to fill the rooms.
Our suite had 2 king bedrooms, 2 full baths, a living room with pull-out queen bed, a dining area with table and 4 chairs, and a very compact kitchen filled with everything you need for an extended stay! The suite was spacious! The beds were comfy, and the towels were plush. The TV's were brand new, and there were plenty of outlets for cell phones, computers, and iPads.
The hotel itself just opened in October 2012, so everything was in great shape. It's a "green" hotel, so the swimming pool is salt-water (no, the water isn't green but we didn't get a chance to try it out!). The common areas are neat, clean, and spacious. The free breakfast would have been better if there were some hot offerings like eggs or sausage.
The location was difficult for my Garmin to locate, as it's a brand new street. It looks like there are plenty of shopping and dining options nearby.
Lastly, this review would not be complete unless I commented about the wonderful breakfast lady named Ida. I don't think I ever met anyone as conscientious, caring, and helpful in any hotel I've ever visited! She took pride in making sure that everything was PERFECT, helping carry items for us, striking up engaging conversation, politely correcting children and asking them to use the utensils and not their fingers (YES!), bringing extra coffee to the table, and smiling the whole time! We'd go back just to spend some more time with her!
And we'd definitely try to stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike M
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Frederick for four weeks. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay. Everything in the hotel is brand new. My bed was amazing!! It was my favorite part of the room. The pillows, blankets, and mattress were so comfortable, I slept like a baby every single night. I loved the bed table that sits on top of the ottoman. I used it to work on my computer at night, or watch movies off my laptop.

The desk had ample storage and plenty of lighting and outlets to work. I was very surprised by the amount of storage in the room. The enormous closet provided more than enough room to store shoes, boots, clothes, suitcases, and the like. The night stands are small dressers with three full drawers each, and the TV cabinet provides additional storage space. There is also plenty of storage space in the desk with book shelves, cabinets, and file drawers. I loved having places to put away all my things so the room never felt cluttered. Another feature I liked about the design of the room is the hide away table under the desk. It rolls out and can either double as an L shaped desk, or a dining table. Whomever designed these rooms was an efficiency expert. That said, they FORGOT THE MIRROR. There is no full length mirror in the room. That was a problem for someone staying for a full month.

The laundry room has all brand new tumble washing machines making laundry day a breeze. They even had a TV and extra soap in there in case you didn't have any.

Management was very friendly, however I was a bit disappointed in the maid service. They were pretty stingy about leaving extra coffee, dish soap, bath supplies, etc. It would have made things much easier if they left it because I really only wanted my room cleaned on Wednesdays, which was one of the two designated "deep clean" days. Management always obliged me when I went downstairs to get stuff, but I would have rather just had extra garbage bags and such in the room. Maybe they can improve on that a little bit. Also, the maids were kind of slack in their efforts. For example, no roll of toilet paper, kleenex, and an empty box of soap one day (and I left them a tip). So I'm not sure what it takes to motivate them to be attentive to details if the tip wasn't enough.

The public area downstairs was very nice. I used the gas grill one night to cook some meat for the week. The single skillet/burner in my kitchen wasn't really doing the job. I would also recommend the hotel provide a small omelet pan that fits the burner size. The large skillet is handy to have, but I found that it didn't really fit the burner so it made it difficult to use. The fridge was perfect for me - temperature was regulated properly and I didn't accidentally freeze my fresh veggies or have anything go sour. (things we take for granted!).

The fitness center was nice - much better than other hotels in the area - but then again, it's new.

Overall I had a great stay there and would return. The location was great - across the street from major shopping, dining, major highways, and a CrossFit gym.

Room Tip: I would have preferred a view of the back side of the hotel instead of the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business