“Not customer-focused, left without ordering” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #237 of 335 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Pakistani
Winchester, VA
“Not customer-focused, left without ordering”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Came by to try the lunch buffet, around 1 PM - did not think it was that late in the lunch hour. Over half of the warming pans for the lunch buffet were empty, or all dried up. Sole staff member in cavernous, dark dining room was busy discussing a catered take-out with the customer ahead of me. He showed no interest in asking what I needed, nor in serving another customer already seated who needed service and wanted to ask for buffet dishes refill. Left after 5-10' and still not a word about my own needs, will look at competition for Pakistani-style food.
What meat dishes I saw on the buffet trays showed a lot of large bones, would have had to work harder to get the meats out.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

maryland
“A pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I found a coupon in the local paper for Kabob & Curry House of Halal and had no idea where it was or what was there. I thought I'd been to most places on the Golden Mile in Frederick, but I found this one stashed in the little plaza behind Roy Rogers. Tucked into the ground floor, it is a find I am glad I made. When you walk in, it is a little dark...but as a former business owner who's run a bistro, I can certainly understand trying to save a few bucks on what can amount to a pile of money on electricity when you are in a big place...and overall, it was nice inside and quite clean looking.

For lunch, you can order off the menu, which is pretty good looking and reasonably priced, but for $8.99 they have a lunch buffet that has enough on it to satisfy most lunch appetites, and which is good to look and try things to see how you like it versus getting an unknown from a menu. The food was very good with two kinds of rice dishes and various curried chicken dishes. I didn't see any other meats than chicken, but still, there was plenty to choose from and the taste and temperature was just fine. No, you won't find five-star service here, it looks like an independent owner just trying to make a living...but it's a place I'd surely go to again and bring the rest of the office crew who usually partake in things that don't taste nearly as good at other places.

I now just wish I had found this earlier.

• Visited October 2012