“A pleasant surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pakistani
maryland
“A pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I found a coupon in the local paper for Kabob & Curry House of Halal and had no idea where it was or what was there. I thought I'd been to most places on the Golden Mile in Frederick, but I found this one stashed in the little plaza behind Roy Rogers. Tucked into the ground floor, it is a find I am glad I made. When you walk in, it is a little dark...but as a former business owner who's run a bistro, I can certainly understand trying to save a few bucks on what can amount to a pile of money on electricity when you are in a big place...and overall, it was nice inside and quite clean looking.

For lunch, you can order off the menu, which is pretty good looking and reasonably priced, but for $8.99 they have a lunch buffet that has enough on it to satisfy most lunch appetites, and which is good to look and try things to see how you like it versus getting an unknown from a menu. The food was very good with two kinds of rice dishes and various curried chicken dishes. I didn't see any other meats than chicken, but still, there was plenty to choose from and the taste and temperature was just fine. No, you won't find five-star service here, it looks like an independent owner just trying to make a living...but it's a place I'd surely go to again and bring the rest of the office crew who usually partake in things that don't taste nearly as good at other places.

I now just wish I had found this earlier.

• Visited October 2012