“Crispy Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #167 of 320 restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Opened within the last six months.
Description: Opened within the last six months.
Washington DC
“Crispy Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I usually don't like thin crusty pizza but Coal Fire's was crispy and I liked it very much. I had there signature sauce which was just slightly sweet and very tasty. I will go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Frederick, Maryland
“Meh.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We've been to Coal Fire a few times, even taking guests on one of those visits because they wanted to try it. But I have yet to be impressed. The service is not that great. The pizza is not that great. The subs are decent but there are better places to get subs. The kid's menu is just odd. Fries are good. But with so many great pizza and sandwich places in Frederick I won't be making another trip to Coal Fire. There are just places I like much much better.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick, Maryland
“pizza is nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have only eaten there once and it was so bad, I will not be back. They had a huge number of waitstaff and other bored-looking people hanging around with not much to do. The pizza was disappointing. There are far better pizzas to be had in Frederick (e.g. Brewer's Alley, Ilforno, Pizza Blitz, etc etc - even Lido's).

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Market, Maryland, United States
“Good pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Their pizza is delicious. It is coal-fired so the crust is thin and very crispy. The sauce is different from most pizzas. We tend to get the signature sauce which is a little sweeter. I've had the spicy sauce in the past. While it is somewhat spicy, it tends to kick in later but it's not an unbearable spicy. Service is usually very good and attentive. Very nice food and experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, MD
“Food was not what we expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

People rave about this place but I just don't get it. The wings were pretty terrible. To be fair, our server did warn us before we ordered that the wings are dry rubbed, grilled, and served with onions. Fair enough. When we got the wings, they had very little seasoning or flavor (where was the dry rub?). They don't come with any kind of dipping sauce. I used my salad dressing and that was ok. I don't mind that the wings were not traditional, but they were just bland. My Greek salad was not what I had expected either. The dressing was a creamy dairy-based mixture and not the oil and vinegar base I was hoping for. They did have oil and vinegar available, so I just used that. The service was pretty good. The pizza looked excellent. However, if you do not plan on orderig pizza, you will be disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Coal Fire Pizza? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Coal Fire Pizza, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.