“Amazing food and fabulous service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Smithsburg, Maryland
“Amazing food and fabulous service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Every time we go we end up getting the same thing. Shrimp Gondola, Mussels, Shrimp and Crab Risotto and Pasta Il Forno. The flavors are so delicious, like they were meant to be together. Service is always polite and attentive. Mistero is, by far, one of my favorite places to eat and a fabulous addition to our beloved Downtown Frederick!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italian Food With a Flare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant doesn't have ordinary Italian food. Theirs has a flare. The portions are good and the flavor is wonderful. Their general manager, Giovanni Faudale, is charming and helpful!!!
I have been there several times and have not been disappointed!!!! I brought a big group for lunch and each person enjoyed their lunch!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Tucked away.....let's keep it our little secret!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Mistero's Italian restaurant is a gem! It is admittedly hard to find on your first visit.....but after one meal there, you will return again and again, and you will have a private laugh that you walked around like an idiot to find the place the first time! The food is excellent, the service is wonderful, and the exterior and inside atmosphere (adorable little, red row house with brick interior walls) is cozy and comfortable. You won't be able to decide what to eat when you read the menu. I had to narrow it down from 4 entrees that sounded so enticing. The crab dip was the best I have ever had, but put it on the complimentary, warm bread and not the crackers. How to find it: drive up Market, turn right just passed Brewers Alley restaurant, toward the Church street parking garage. Drive straight back (pass the parking garage on your right) and turn right to hopefully find a parking spot right out front. If not, park in the deck and take the corner stairs exit from the first level....it's right there! (Don't feel like an idiot if you can't find it the first time.) SO worth the trip!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“The best Italian in Frederick.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to get a 6:30PM reservation on Valentines Day!
We arrived at 6:05 and sat at the bar until our table was ready. The resturant atmosphere was very nice. Once we made our way to the table upstairs the service was amazing but the best part was the arrival of the food. I had the Veal Parm and it was so incredibly tender. We will be back for more. Overall 5 out of 5 stars.

Note; park in the garage behind Brewers Alley on the 1st level and its right there. Not hard to find with this info.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Frederick
“A Cozy Italian Risorante”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We ate lunch here because of a coupon. The building used to be La Paz which has moved on to larger quarters downtown across from Carrol Creek. Anyway, we were the first customers of the day and could pick our table. It was just us for about half an hour. I studied the decor after we ordered and it had the feel of Venice where we were lucky enough to visit in 2006. The lunch menu was varied and hubby ordered a $7 caesar salad and an $8 "spaghetti meatball" which was just that, one large meatball. I ordered an $8 lasagna and both dishes had ground veal in them. The portions were small compared to what I make when I cook but sufficient for lunch. Maybe the dinner sizes are larger. I ate half of the caesar and it was fresh with shaved parmesan. The tomato sauce on my lasagna was also tasty, not canned. I could tell that the food was prepared to order, not frozen nor leftover from another day. Overall, I would say that it was better than average and would go back again. This would be a great date night location for anyone wanting to impress.

• 4 of 5 stars Food